Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-04-2021, 03:11 PM   #1
enigmalea
enigmalea began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Question ePUB -> PDF: Table of Contents Missing

Using Calibre 5.33.2, I have created an ePub, generated an inline Table of Contents, styled the book the way I want - all of this works just fine.

However, I'm offering the eBook for download and not everyone has the ability to read ePub, so I'd like to offer a PDF. When I convert to PDF, the table of contents generates blank. The toc.ncx is complete, as is the toc.xhtml.

I just did this a few months ago and don't remember any issues or any workarounds needed to get the PDF to have a table of contents. I've tried both google and searching the forums and can't see anything I'm missing. Does anyone have suggestions?

Calibre Editor

Blank PDF
enigmalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
jeanettsvr
jeanettsvr began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I had the same issue... and I realized that if I create a epub version 2 there is no problem with the TOC... however, if I chagen the version to 3... there is nothing in the TOC. If I check in the calibre reader I can see the chapters, but if I move to any other ereader, they dissapear. I'm new at SIgil... even there I saw them but I can't force them to show in any external reader like Icreacream or iBooks
jeanettsvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, pdf, table of contents