Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2021, 11:51 PM   #1
zyra
zyra began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy Is there any way to revive this Kindle Paperwhite? DEAD

https://i.imgur.com/n0PenGF.jpg

I haven't used this kindle in a while and I turned it on and it was left on a book I was reading the last I used it. Everything was functioning - touch screen, the light etc. I plugged it into my computer to put some pdfs into it and while the files were mid transferring, the kindle reset itself. (I could see it was on the kindle logo with the loading bar). The files were still transfering on the pc so I left it but then it said there were insufficent storage for the files. So I disconnected it while I was waiting for the kindle to finish rebooting.

After awhile it seemed like it was frozen so I pressed and held the power button in hopes to reboot it but it didn't do anything but then the whole screen turned black for while and then it had the kindle boot up screen. After some more time I tried to press and hold the power button again but then the backlight turned off and now the screen is frozen.

Pressing the power button/holding it doesn't give me the green light anymore. I can plug it to charge and it gives the orange light but nothing else. The first time I plugged it in the computer, I got a windows driver installation for "ns blank codex". but now when I plug it in, I can hear the usb jingle noise but I can't access the files on the kindle or anything.

I think it's done for based on what I have googled but does anyone have any ideas please? Charging for long time did nothing, holding button does nothing. Will not boot anymore. It would be appreciated
zyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:48 AM   #2
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
If the computer has detected the reader as ns blank codex, it means only one thing - damaged flash memory. It can be replaced, but it is quite complicated and requires specialized equipment. Besides, you probably won't be able to recover your serial numbers and you won't be able to register this device again.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote