Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
KY_TY
KY_TY began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Serial Number Location

Hi - I bit the bullet and bought a new 900 to replace my 700 which had become lost/stolen. Anyway, I am trying to write down the new device particulars for my insurance and can not find the serial number anywhere. One of the little slips of paper says that the model and device numbers are located on the rear side that attaches to the soft cover. I am assuming you must remove the plastic rear cover and that the numbers should be somewhere on that back side where the battery compartment is.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thx - Tom
KY_TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Take off the soft cover, it's under the attachment place. To remove it, detach the top latch, then middle and move the cover slightly down to unhook the bottom.
Click image for larger version

Name:	prs900cover.gif
Views:	657
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	46894
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
KY_TY
KY_TY began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Thx - Found it.... That is a heck of a place to put it.
KY_TY is offline   Reply With Quote