Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2016, 05:29 AM   #1
Panel
Panel began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwite 3
Question dictionary in popup

Hello

Is there any way to configure E-boook reader to in a way that after selecting text (or double click on word witch selects word) to display translation popup using some local dictionary or google translate service?
Panel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click and select lookup word
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #3
Panel
Panel began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Right click and select lookup word
I know about this but unless you have multimonitor setup browser window is opened and this breaks reading experience.

I was thinking about something simpler - popup so I could quickly look at word and get back to reading. Chrome plugin is goog example (check screenshot)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...gjllcleb?hl=en
Panel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not worth the effort to me -- I dont find looking up words in a new window to be particularly disruptive, after all the very fact that I need to lookup a word means my reading flow has already been disrupted -- but patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote