Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
karenbryant
Enthusiast
karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Can't add TOC link to MOBI file!!!

Hi all,
Sorry for posting what might seem a simple question to many, but I'm really stuck.

I normally create prc files on Mobipocket but have decided to use Calibre now instead since it creates a NCX file too.
But how can I get Calibre to set a link to my TOC I created in my eBook already? I don't want Calibre to create a toc for me, (I put a tick in the box 'Do not add Table of Contents)' as I already have one at the start of the book. I want the readers to be able to use the Table of Contents menu selection on their Kindle. Normally in Mobipocket I go to the Guide section and select the file with the %toc on the end, which links to the toc bookmark I have placed at the front of my TOC in the html. How do I do this in Calibre? I'm really happy with the finished file, except for the greyed out Table of Contents option. Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Karen
karenbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I assume you are converting an epub. In which case add an entry to the <guide> section of the opf file inside the epub pointing to your toc. If you are converting HTML, then first convert that to epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
karenbryant
Enthusiast
karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Hi and thanks,
I'm not converting to ePub. I wish to convert from html to MOBI, without the hassel of converting to and back again to epub. Is there no way of making Calibre point to the toc bookmark in my document, like mobipocket does? Or do I have to use Calbire's automated toc creator? I have many books to convert this way so would like to find out how to quickly make Calibre link to my own specially created toc in each file.
Thanks!
karenbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can edit the opf inside the zip file that is created when you import the html into calibre, in just the same way as you would for epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote