Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 03:56 AM   #226
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
How many unread pbooks do you have? More than a year's supply?
Going at a reading rate of 100 a year I should be sorted for the next three years or so.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:27 AM   #227
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I have been good this week, and just bought 3 e-books. Unfortunately, today is the hardest day for me. Why? My bank charges me the last month's bill, leaving a clean slate. *takes a deep breath* But I'll be strong, and not buy any e-books.
*wanders over to Elib*
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 04:30 AM   #228
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i'm set to buy some used pbooks xP

by the way, how much is a reasonable price for used pbooks? i'm buying online and having them shipped to the US so it'll be cheaper. the books themselves are cheap. it's the shipping, lol. so right now i have 3 used pbooks in my online basket, which adds up to $13.42 including shipping. is that fine?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 AM   #229
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I hereby solemnly promise not to buy a non-free ebook for the rest of the month.

*runs off to booksfornooks and ebookfling*
Now there's a sensible pledge. I'm sure you can do it. It's what I'm going for too.

It's now been nine days since I bought an ebook!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #230
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Going at a reading rate of 100 a year I should be sorted for the next three years or so.
Oh — then perhaps you do have a problem.

But help is at hand! Repeat after me: "I [insert name] do solemnly declare that I intend to buy no more books during the rest of June 2011."
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #231
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I have been good this week, and just bought 3 e-books. Unfortunately, today is the hardest day for me. Why? My bank charges me the last month's bill, leaving a clean slate. *takes a deep breath* But I'll be strong, and not buy any e-books.
*wanders over to Elib*
You can do it. Just say no to the tempting offers. (Except free ebooks — they don't count.)
Old 06-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #232
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post

by the way, how much is a reasonable price for used pbooks? i'm buying online and having them shipped to the US so it'll be cheaper. the books themselves are cheap. it's the shipping, lol. so right now i have 3 used pbooks in my online basket, which adds up to $13.42 including shipping. is that fine?
I'm used to paying 30-50% of cover price.

So about $4.50 a book? Sounds good to me.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:55 AM   #233
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:

That depends. Hardback or paperback? I 'rescue' my books from Better World Books since they have free shipping. In general pay $4 for PB and $7 for HB.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:02 AM   #234
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:

OT:
Thank you for reminding me that I need to adjust the prices on some the books I have up for sale on Alibris .
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #235
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
@odi: yeah, but the shipping was more expensive than the book. xP

@crusader: one is HB and the other two are PB xP

@mikael: np

i considered buying a new copy of Dancer from the Dance from a bookstore here, but the price of it was more expensive than those 3 used books altogether so i just decided to get a used copy xD
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #236
philandjan
Trainee Old Git
philandjan doesn't litterphilandjan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
My name is Phil and I am an ebook addict (or did I just read that somewhere?).

I really must go on a speed reading course if I am to finish all of my books in my lifetime! I even have around 500 novels in French to read when I think that my French is fluent enough to be able to read at the same spped as I do in English.

Unfortunately, reading the various threads on MobileRead just makes me interested in even more books.

Talking of speed reading, I remember Woody Allen saying that he took one of those courses and managed to read the whole of War and Peace in just 20 minutes. When asked what the book was about, he replied "Russia"!
philandjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #237
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I just joined a book lending group on Goodreads. Maybe that will help me with the urge to buy everything. It can't hurt!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #238
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by philandjan View Post
My name is Phil and I am an ebook addict (or did I just read that somewhere?).

I really must go on a speed reading course if I am to finish all of my books in my lifetime! I even have around 500 novels in French to read when I think that my French is fluent enough to be able to read at the same spped as I do in English.

Unfortunately, reading the various threads on MobileRead just makes me interested in even more books.

Talking of speed reading, I remember Woody Allen saying that he took one of those courses and managed to read the whole of War and Peace in just 20 minutes. When asked what the book was about, he replied "Russia"!
I love Woody, and ebooks too; and I am an addict too. I need a 12 step program.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #239
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
I love Woody, and ebooks too; and I am an addict too. I need a 12 step program.
12 steps? Weird. Just two steps here:

1. Realise you have a problem.
2. Stop buying ebooks for a while.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #240
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I just failed again on step 2.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote