Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
MWIL
MWIL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Export a list of books for printing or a spreadsheet?

Is there a way to get Calibre to export a list of my book. I'd love to be able to export it...or at least just print a list.
MWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWIL View Post
Is there a way to get Calibre to export a list of my book. I'd love to be able to export it...or at least just print a list.
CSV is one of the Catalog output options
The little arrow on the Convert Icon.
Make your settings there, then proceed.

Other option is the command line tools: calibredb --list
I will leave the RTFM exercise to you if you choose that way (easy if you do CL stuff)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
MWIL
MWIL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks! That did it. Much appreciated.
MWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I wanted to ask about the same, but I would like to separate columns. I know how to do it only with copying data to txt file and opening it in excel and then separating columns.
I tried using comma and quotes as separator but the problem is with first column.
If I choose " I get first column with a comma at the end which I clearly don't need.
If I choose comma I get a complete mess since the first values aren't in quotes and they do have a few values in them separated by comma so they all end up in separate columns.

So how to make csv file which is easily spread into neat columns? Is it possible to force it to add quotes to ALL columns including first one?

Or maybe it possible to choose columns order. Now it adds it alphabetically which makes complete mess again if you choose tags, title, author, series, formats. You end up with title at the end etc. I could choose first the column which wouldn't cause any problems being without quotes.

As a final resort I am thinking of making a bunch of new columns to add quotes to all values but I already have way too many columns... And this looks a little extreme.

SOLVED: I managed to make a column which gives the spreadsheet if I create catalog (csv) from only that one column. Took me awhile to create the template but it works great since I have one neat column in result already correctly formated and can print it, copy it in word or any other program etc.

Last edited by Noughty; 10-14-2011 at 02:54 AM. Reason: solved
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote