Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
mcgrath
mcgrath began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Major flaws in text book - what to do?

I know it's not uncommon to find errors and typos in Kindle books submitted by major publishers, but I purchased a $100 text book that is missing charts, tables, and other major items. I've opened the book on the K3, my PC, and iPad and it's all the same. The book is published by McGraw-Hill. I sent them an email but I haven't heard anything back yet.

So this got me to thinking - is emailing the publisher the best way to address these issues? Or should I contact Amazon's customer service? How often to these problems actually get fixed? If they are fixed, do I just re-download the book from the Kindle store or am I going to be forced to buy an updated version?

Is this the same for novels as well? I found typos in The Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway, and it would be nice to know that I can re-download the book once these problems (hopefully) have been addressed in the future.
mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Amazon will refund your money for a Kindle book if reported within (if memory serves me correctly) 7 days of purchase. I think that deletes it from your device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
mcgrath
mcgrath began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Thanks Harry. I'm guessing these problems don't get fixed in a timely manner (if at all). I'll email Amazon and get my money back.
mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote