Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 10-08-2022, 04:37 PM   #1
NewYorker1
NewYorker1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 5
I have a kindle Paperwhite 5

I kindle 5 8 GB w/ cover that I would like trade. I paid for it not to have adds after I purchased it so not sure that feature stays after a factory reset.

There is nothing wong with the kindle and it is the fastest e-reader I ever used with a gorgeous screen , an great battery life but I don't like the kindle's telemetry or whatnot and I ordered a laptop that is coming tomorrow so using kindle alternative is more feasible now with Calibre. I also have a firmware version that makes jailbreaking not feasible or less feasible AFAIK. I only read one full book on it so it is lightly used.

I Would consider a trade-in for the Boyue P6, Boyue Lemonread, Boox Poke 3 and possibly some pocketbooks. Also, I am open to other suggestions.

I know some of these mentioned are more expensive new but some are running old versions of android and and the kindle hardware is only cheaper because Amazon subsidizes it. I am trying to rip someone off by 'trading up'. It is just that older kobos and pocketbooks are micro-usb and I would like to avoid that if I can (maybe the p6 is micro-usb ?)

My ideal person is someone who realizes that the kindle paperwhite is the best ereaders for most people and android e-ink tablets are not for them in second thought or that they would would rather have a kindle because the ecosystem is arguably better.

I am located in the Bronx borough of New York City

P.S. This is my first post but I have been lurking for years using many useful tips learned here but I wan to try here before the ereader subreddit because there is somewhat more safety here over being scammed or so it seems.

If you are interested pn me and we can exchange emails.
NewYorker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 5, trade-in