Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM   #16
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast
Daniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Likebook Mars; Hisense A5, A5pro, A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post

I recently wrote a pair of programs that allows you to paste Unicode text (i.e. Chinese, Russian, Japanese, English, etc) from your desktop to an Android. I haven't gotten much response on this. Is this something useful? Or maybe the reverse case, pasting from Android to desktop? What is your deepest, darkest desire?
I have the same usages too. So, I also maintain a software called Sharik app. It's cross-platform app (that you can install on Mac, Android, iPhone, etc) and you can use it to share text, url, or even file to another device that have Sharik installed (in the same network).

In addition, if you installed EinkBro app on your Android device (e.g., BOOX), it supports receiving data from other Sharik instances directly.

And the best part of it is: it does not send anything to cloud, nor having any trackings.

You could give it a try if you find it helpful.
https://github.com/plateaukao/sharik
Daniel Kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 11:31 AM   #17
yoyoto
yoyoto began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kao View Post
I have the same usages too. So, I also maintain a software called Sharik app. It's cross-platform app (that you can install on Mac, Android, iPhone, etc) and you can use it to share text, url, or even file to another device that have Sharik installed (in the same network).

In addition, if you installed EinkBro app on your Android device (e.g., BOOX), it supports receiving data from other Sharik instances directly.

And the best part of it is: it does not send anything to cloud, nor having any trackings.

You could give it a try if you find it helpful.
https://github.com/plateaukao/sharik
i also love onyx. I need to enlarge the font. Small letters are not easy to read. Also, the cloud is limited, can't register everything I want
yoyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:24 AM   #18
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoto View Post
I need to enlarge the font.
Have you tried (Android stock) Settings > Accessibility > Font size?
I'm not sure you can reach that through Onyx Settings.
If you have ADB working:
Code:
am start -n com.android.settings/.Settings
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 07:56 AM   #19
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Have you tried (Android stock) Settings > Accessibility > Font size?
I'm not sure you can reach that through Onyx Settings.
Maybe:
Apps Tab -> (Hamburger menu) -> App Management -> App Info -> (All Apps) -> Settings -> Open

One can try increase DP settings in developer options too, this is probably related to interface size.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
copy, paste, unicode