Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #1
puremagic
puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Reading on different devices....

I have a kindle oasis which I do most of my reading on, but I also have iPad and a Samsung note 10+ phone.

If I have been sent a epub or mobi file on my phone is there a way to read this via the kindle app on my phone and for it to appear in my kindle library so I can pick this up from where I left it on my kindle when I go to bed to read?

I have a MacBook which I don't use that often these days. Am trying to make my life easier and streamline.

Or I wondered if not follow on my kindle, share from my phone to my iPad?

Thank you, I hope I have explained this ok.

Pure
puremagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:12 PM   #2
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by puremagic View Post
I have a kindle oasis which I do most of my reading on, but I also have iPad and a Samsung note 10+ phone.

If I have been sent a epub or mobi file on my phone is there a way to read this via the kindle app on my phone and for it to appear in my kindle library so I can pick this up from where I left it on my kindle when I go to bed to read?

I have a MacBook which I don't use that often these days. Am trying to make my life easier and streamline.

Or I wondered if not follow on my kindle, share from my phone to my iPad?

Thank you, I hope I have explained this ok.
If I'm understanding correctly what you're trying to do ...

Log in to Amazon website and go to Content and Devices > Preferences > Personal Document Settings > Personal Document Archiving > select "Enable personal document archiving to my Kindle library".

Personal documents (including ebooks) sent to one device will then show up in your Kindle library under Docs (not Books) and can be downloaded onto Kindle devices and Kindle mobile apps, (but not on Kindle for Mac).

If you want your Oasis and Kindle apps to sync pages, make sure Preferences > Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings) is set to ON.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2021, 08:38 AM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
If I'm understanding correctly what you're trying to do ...

Log in to Amazon website and go to Content and Devices > Preferences > Personal Document Settings > Personal Document Archiving > select "Enable personal document archiving to my Kindle library".

Personal documents (including ebooks) sent to one device will then show up in your Kindle library under Docs (not Books) and can be downloaded onto Kindle devices and Kindle mobile apps, (but not on Kindle for Mac).

If you want your Oasis and Kindle apps to sync pages, make sure Preferences > Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings) is set to ON.
I just want to make clear that the files have to be sent to the device using either the kindle device's email or the send to Kindle app. This will not work for books that are transferred using USB or any other means of getting them onto the iPad or phone.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:05 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I just want to make clear that the files have to be sent to the device using either the kindle device's email or the send to Kindle app. This will not work for books that are transferred using USB or any other means of getting them onto the iPad or phone.

Shari
If you have downloaded a .mobi file to an iOS device, you can Share it to Kindle app and it works much like Send To Kindle app (supply title/author and choose whether to save in archive).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:30 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
If you have downloaded a .mobi file to an iOS device, you can Share it to Kindle app and it works much like Send To Kindle app (supply title/author and choose whether to save in archive).
So are you saying that just the act of opening a .mobi file in the Kindle iOS app will send it to the Kindle cloud? If so, that's very interesting, and good to know.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2021, 03:28 PM   #6
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by puremagic View Post
Only possible if you are totally within the Kindle infrastructure.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could sync a Kindle book being read on your PaperWhite with an epub version of the same book being read using the MoonReader app on a tablet? And even more glorious if you could sync that with the MP3 version of the audiobook being listened to with SmartAudiobookPlayer on your phone, and then with another version of the audiobook using Audible on your computer? And being able to tell Alexa to "continue reading my book"? Never going to happen though. But wouldn't it be nice?!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
All things are possible with blockchain.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Blockchain is STILL a solution looking for a problem, other than enabling money laundering and incidently a speculative ponzi scheme. It's not scaleable to any reasonable number of transactions per day, never mind per minute.

I just remember a phrase and search for it. Faster than syncing two devices. No third party or internet needed.

Calibre to manage all the devices. I use the connection to also charge, so it's rarely extra use of the USB port.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, ipad, kindle oasis