Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #16
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Latest Indieview is with Glenn Skinner, author of The Keya Quests.
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 AM   #17
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
So BookBarista got a few posts today by authors wanting to advertise their books We also attracted our first supporter! We are really glad that ppl are seeing the value in BookBarista. Clearly we have a long way to go but thanks for taking the time to use the site and talking about it.

Here's the blog link where we mentioned those who jumped aboard to give the site a try - BookBarista Blog
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
A Shelf-Full of Free Books from Kaplan

A repost from my blog....

Just like last semester, Kaplan is giving away a shelf-load of free books this week. So far, they are only on iBooks and my source says there are 130 of them (so did the Kaplan promo page, until they took it down and password protected it so that no one can see it anymore). The promo page said these are supposed to show up in other stores as well, but I would not count on them all being in every store (last time, only iBooks had the full 100 free books).

I've been skimming thru the titles and I've already found more than 55 that were not on the sale last time, so even if you got in on that one, you'll want to check this one out. Books range from college prep, from getting into to getting thru grad school, law school, medical/nursing or an MBA, to memoirs (mostly medical fields), math for Moms and Dads to getting an interview. I suspect almost everyone can find at least one book they would enjoy on "the list." There is even Tribal Knowledge, a business book that focuses just on Starbucks Coffee, which should have a very wide appeal.

To find the free books: open iBooks, enter "Kaplan" (some are Kaplan Publishing, some are Kaplan, Inc, that I noticed, so the one word should find both) in the search box and browse thru the pages. Be careful: about the third page, I started running into books that were not free (of course, those first couple of pages were mostly books from the last sale, that I already had). By several pages in, the free books are just scattered here and there, but it pays to just keep scrolling thru to find the gems in the list. Remember -- you are not likely to get a refund from Apple if you accidentally buy a book at full price (and I saw books as high as $35.99 when browsing, with most of them around $10). The only confirmation you get that you'll be charged is that the green "get book" secondary prompt is instead "buy book" for one that isn't free.

I searched Barnes and Noble and Sony - both have a couple of hundred books from Kaplan, but none are free right now. Amazon has two! All the ones from the last sale are missing, so I'm wondering if they have all been pulled in anticipation of a price change. Last time, it was several days to a week before the free books started popping up in other places, so I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I spot them elsewhere. Meanwhile, those of you with iPads, enjoy!
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #19
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Ha...I was on my way to post that I had just seen this.

Love your blog.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Thanks, Dr. Drib!

Sorry to be so late with my promotion here, but I've been busy (shamelessly) promoting my blog elsewhere... even on this very board. Just stopped in while waiting for the 130 free books on my iPad download (details on my blog, of course! )
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Everyone:

If you have details about your blog, then this is the place.

This is JUST LIKE the Shameless Novel thread.

Take advantage of it!

...and have FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:30 PM   #22
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Win a Kindle 3!

Buy the 65 Below eBook in between January 1st and March 31st 2011 and be entered to win a new Kindle WiFi reader! For every thousand initial entries I'll be giving away a brand new Kindle 3 eReader!

No limit on how many I will give away!

To enter the contest email a copy of your Amazon order number to kindle@basilsands.com.

Want more entries?

Get up to 10 extra entries in the drawing.
After the initial entry do the following:

4 extra entries:
Go to www.basilsands.com and from the comment page send a comment with the answer to this question:

“What military organization was Temebe a veteran of?”

4 extra entries:
Get four extra entries for leaving a review or comment at the purchase pages:

Amazon.com

Smashwords.com

BarnesAndNoble.com

And three more for leaving a comment at my website www.Basilsands.com

That makes for up to 11 entries in the contest to win a free Kindle 3 eReader!

What are you waiting
for?
basilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #23
hannahmac
hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.hannahmac can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Ever wonder what our characters would say in an interview?

Stop by my blog and see what my leading lady from Looking For Trouble has to say. Ms. Avery Price's time is very valuable so it's not often she opens up!

www.erinleighkern.blogspot.com

Erin Kern
hannahmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:41 AM   #24
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I hope you have edited it... Sorry I couldn't do the whole book... just too many errors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilsands View Post
Buy the 65 Below eBook in between January 1st and March 31st 2011 and be entered to win a new Kindle WiFi reader! For every thousand initial entries I'll be giving away a brand new Kindle 3 eReader!

No limit on how many I will give away!

To enter the contest email a copy of your Amazon order number to kindle@basilsands.com.

Want more entries?

Get up to 10 extra entries in the drawing.
After the initial entry do the following:

4 extra entries:
Go to www.basilsands.com and from the comment page send a comment with the answer to this question:

“What military organization was Temebe a veteran of?”

4 extra entries:
Get four extra entries for leaving a review or comment at the purchase pages:

Amazon.com

Smashwords.com

BarnesAndNoble.com

And three more for leaving a comment at my website www.Basilsands.com

That makes for up to 11 entries in the contest to win a free Kindle 3 eReader!

What are you waiting
for?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:05 AM   #25
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Latest indieview - hot off the presses with Guido Henkel - author of the Jason Dark Series
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #26
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I hope you have edited it... Sorry I couldn't do the whole book... just too many errors...
It has indeed been edited, thanks for the input. I'd love to send you a free copy to make up for the previous version.
basilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #27
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
About the genesis of one of my novels, and the importance of persitence:

http://joelarnold.livejournal.com/64355.html
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #28
caeliumspecto
caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'caeliumspecto knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

This is an amazing list.

I write a blog reviewing free Kindle eBooks. I have a review for Quiet As They Come, which is on your list this month. I just started the blog, so there is only one review, but I plan on expanding as long as people find it useful: http://reviebook.wordpress.com/
caeliumspecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #29
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeliumspecto View Post
This is an amazing list.

I write a blog reviewing free Kindle eBooks. I have a review for Quiet As They Come, which is on your list this month. I just started the blog, so there is only one review, but I plan on expanding as long as people find it useful: http://reviebook.wordpress.com/
welcome to the forums!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #30
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got Advertisers!

Got an author who wanted to advertise their books for free on the homepage of BookBarista The books look good up there. And there is room for more. So who can pass up free advertising for their books with such heavy competition out there? How do you plan to stick out? So come on over and post to the site, request to be a supporter or to have your book displayed on the homepage... and please tell folks about BookBarista.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing