Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #31
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
Not yet but it looks like you guys will get the wi fi only version before us though
Cool - how do you know that?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #32
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I thought it was mentioned on cnet. And ithink they mentioned it at the WMC

Last edited by boswd; 02-26-2011 at 07:18 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #33
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
OK - thanks. Last I heard we were looking at an April or May release here - does that tie in with what you know?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #34
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Although not my first choice for news, I installed the CNN app for tablets and it is stunning on the Xoom. They did it right. And the live widget is fantastic.

Movies are gorgeous, 16:9 is perfect (for books too)

C'Mon Flash update...... can't wait!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #35
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I think the not having flash put me right off ... I'm in standby mode...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #36
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
OK - thanks. Last I heard we were looking at an April or May release here - does that tie in with what you know?
That's sounds to be about right, and I think the European wi fi one will have a silver back.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #37
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Although not my first choice for news, I installed the CNN app for tablets and it is stunning on the Xoom. They did it right. And the live widget is fantastic.

Movies are gorgeous, 16:9 is perfect (for books too)

C'Mon Flash update...... can't wait!
live widgets is one of the reasons I love Android

they did do this product right.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #38
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I think the not having flash put me right off ... I'm in standby mode...
That was my reaction at first too but it is reported to be coming as an OTA update in two or three weeks. Blame Adobe.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #39
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
That was my reaction at first too but it is reported to be coming as an OTA update in two or three weeks. Blame Adobe.
That's what I read as well.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #40
boswd
Banned

this is one of the most indepth reviews I've seen this reviewer did a heck of job capturing all of the Xoom's capabilities.

I mean I played with it for about a half and hour and I was wowed after seeing this video, I'm floored

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvRXg5LQh3Y
Old 02-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #41
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
this is one of the most indepth reviews I've seen this reviewer did a heck of job capturing all of the Xoom's capabilities.

I mean I played with it for about a half and hour and I was wowed after seeing this video, I'm floored

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvRXg5LQh3Y
Thanks for that!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #42
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Thanks for that!
you're welcome

yeah the Xoom is really wild. It's like something used in Tron
Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #43
kennyc

Damn, I'm leaning back towards buying one....am considering plan or no-plan....hmmm...
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #44
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Cool - how do you know that?
I just noticed this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...m-retail-plans
Old 02-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #45
kennyc

and....rooting already.

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...t-method-guide