Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-17-2018, 05:00 AM   #1
stodgeboy
stodgeboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Library and sync problems

Hi, I'm using calibre with a Kindle PW and the Goodreads sync and reading list plugins with the following plugboard:

any format:KINDLE2 = ([{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}] -> title)

This worked fine for a long time but now I find that some books are not showing in the library at all on the kindle (gaps in series) but if I search for the title they have actually been sync'd.

I've tried deleting everything from the kindle and a factory reset but the problem persists. Is it best to start from scratch with Calibre as well or is this a known issues?

I can't diagnose the problem to a specific plugin or setting without restarting but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks
stodgeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Typically if books dont show on the Kindle it;s because there is something in those books the Kindle indexer does not like. Try doing a MOBI to MOBI conversion of them in calibre and then sending them to the Kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2018, 03:30 AM   #3
stodgeboy

Thanks for the advice but it didn't work on this occasion. The difference appears to be that the books are actually on the kindle and show up when I view the kindle contents via calibre. However, when I eject the kindle the don't show in the library view but are found during a search.

Any further ideas before I get prehistoric on my library

Thanks
Old 01-18-2018, 03:41 AM   #4
stodgeboy

Scratch my last. Apparently it did work but i just needed to refresh the kindle.

Thanks