Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
can no longer add books to Calibre

Can anyone say why I'm no longer able to add books to Calibre? I keep getting this error message.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-22-2017 at 05:11 AM.
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's not an error from calibre but from KDE. WHen exactly do you get it? If it is when you click the add button, it means kdialog on your system is broken, you can set the environment variable

CALIBRE_NO_NATIVE_FILEDIALOGS=1

to prevent calibre from using kdialog for file dialogs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #3
C-novice
ReadingZealot
C-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to beholdC-novice is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo ARC, Samsung Tab4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's not an error from calibre but from KDE. WHen exactly do you get it? If it is when you click the add button, it means kdialog on your system is broken, you can set the environment variable

CALIBRE_NO_NATIVE_FILEDIALOGS=1

to prevent calibre from using kdialog for file dialogs.
Oh, I see. Thanks. Yes. It is when I click the Add button.

I should add that I normally open Calibre from FireJail's Firelauncher because it came already firejailed -I didn't have to do it and besides I like using FJ. Interestingly enough, I just open Calibre from the App menu and it added the book just fine.

I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks now and never thought to open Calibre from the menu 'til now. 'duh me'.
Thanks again.
C-novice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add books, no longer add books