Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
Shohreh
Zealot
Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: none
[SOLVED] [2.82] Calibre can no longer convert books

Hello,

I've successfully used Calibre to convert a dozen DRM-protected epubs from my local library so I could read them on my epub reader, but it failed with a book I just downloaded.

Any idea why?

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DRM.library.Calire.fail.png
Views:	338
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	156073  

Last edited by Shohreh; 04-09-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Shohreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohreh View Post
Any idea why?
Read this sticky thread from the top of this forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #3
Shohreh
Zealot
Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Shohreh can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Thanks, but the library doesn't support Kindle, just Adobe Epubs, so I don't understand why that thread would be relevant.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:22 AM   #4
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Neither Mobileread nor Apprentice Alf supports removal of DRM from library books. At least the major e-ink readers using epub and some Android ones support reading library books with no need to remove DRM. If you don't already have one get one of these.

You will not get help here removing DRM from library books.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You will not get any help to steal your library eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, but the library doesn't support Kindle, just Adobe Epubs, so I don't understand why that thread would be relevant.
You're right I simply read a short post completely wrong. That said I should have said what darryl and JSWolf have just stated. If you wish advice on which Android apps can read library epub books start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Last edited by issybird; 04-09-2017 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Thread reopened.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #7
Shohreh
Zealot

DeDRM Tools did the trick.

Incidently, I'm not stealing books: The reason I use Calibre, is that the library doesn't support ePub readers from Pocketbook.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Thanks for the comments. Per a ruling from Alex, removing DRM for the purpose of reading library books is now permissible under the same general strictures as other comments regarding removing DRM. Keep them general, don't condone piracy, and don't give aid regarding specifics of removal. Our assumption is that people who need to convert library books for device compatibility delete them in a timely manner, so long as they don't say differently.

Last edited by issybird; 04-09-2017 at 08:13 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
DeDRM Tools did the trick.

Incidently, I'm not stealing books: The reason I use Calibre, is that the library doesn't support ePub readers from Pocketbook.
Just because Overdrive does not list Pocketbook Readers does not mean they do not work. It's just a matter of authorizing them for Adobe DRM. Here is a PDF showing how to authorize some model Pocketbook.

https://www.bookland.com/manuals/ado...-manual-en.pdf

You do not need to remove the DRM. You just need to authorize.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
The reason I use Calibre, is that the library doesn't support ePub readers from Pocketbook.
I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

JSWolf is correct. All current Pocketbook devices support epub(DRM) books and as far back as the Pocketbook 301 were supporting epub(DRM) books.

You may not be using an Overdrive library but this video explains the process for DRM epubs regardless of which library you use.

You can check here and see that Adobe Digital Editions supports pocketbook devices from Pocketbook 301 to present day.