Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-26-2018, 07:28 AM   #1816
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Hah, thanks! I already have it installed. This time I shall try again using the proper plugin. Pebkac it truly was.

EDIT: I tried "update metadata in device library" ticking the "Author" box. Three times, the result was "Books updated=0", a result confirmed each time when I ejected the device and saw nothing had changed.
Which means that, for the books and options you selected, the metadata in calibre was exactly the same as the metadata in database on the device. The update compares the metadata and only changes what is different. No books updated means everything was the same.
Quote:
I then tried ticking "Use Author sort" and that DID change a lot, creating 3 new "authors" by separating the initials from the surname.
Which is probably correct. Kobo uses a comma as the separator between authors. If your author_sort is of the form "LN, FN", Kobo will show "LN" and "FN" as separate authors in the Authors list.
Quote:
So I ran it again, with "Use Author Sort" unchecked, and it restored everything to how it was before I started - 6 showing the initials with periods, 15 without.
Which means your calibre library has 6 books with the author as "A.B. Person" and 15 with the author as "AB Person". Or maybe you have "A. B. Person" (which is the way calibre generally does it if the when downloading metadata) and "A B Person". Or some combination of all these.

All this sounds like it is working correctly. But, it doesn't sound like you fixed the metadata in the calibre library. If these books are all by the same author, select them in calibre, click the button to edit the metadata and the bulk metadata editor will open. There you can fix the common metadata such as the author and author sort. Then do the update to the device.

If it still doesn't work, I need to see a debug log from updating the metadata on the device. Run calibre in debug mode (right-click the preferences button and choose "Restart in debug mode"), connect the device, use the metadata update on the books that you have a problem with and close calibre. The debug log will be displayed. Post the full log or PM it to me and I will look at it to see what is going wrong.

Also, we should move this to the Kobo Utilities plugin thread as this is not a problem with the driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:39 AM   #1817
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

"Also, we should move this to the Kobo Utilities plugin thread as this is not a problem with the driver. "

I will wait until it's been moved to reply further.
Advert
Old 10-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #1818
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Nevermind.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-26-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Must remember to read to end of thread before posting.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:41 PM   #1819
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
If I want Calibre to load the books onto a subfolder instead of putting everything in the root folder, is editing the save template to the proper way to do it?

Code:
Calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:52 PM   #1820
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
If I want Calibre to load the books onto a subfolder instead of putting everything in the root folder, is editing the save template to the proper way to do it?

Code:
Calibre/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Pretty much what I use except for setting author list truncation to the first or only author to keep filenames shorter.

Code:
eLib/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #1821
please55
Connoisseur
please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: none
Just a few questions about using this plugin.

1) Do I need to use Kobo Utilities in conjunction with this driver? Or can it function alone?

2) If all I want to do is convert epubs to kepubs as I send them to the device, do I need the other plugins like KePub Output Plugin, KePub Input, etc?

3) Should I have the main Kobo Reader Device Interface under Device Interface Plugins disabled if I want this to work?

Thanks
please55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:27 PM   #1822
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
1) No, these are two separate plugins. I find Kobo Utilities useful, but you don't need one to use the other.

2) No, if you only want to convert books to KePub as they transfer to the device this is all you need.

3) I usually recommend disabling the Kobo Touch driver (you don't need to disable the Kobo driver, just Kobo Touch). It's not usually necessary, but occasionally there have been problems where calibre assigns the Kobo Touch driver instead of Kobo Touch Extended; disabling Kobo Touch prevents that from happening. It doesn't affect how this plugin works either way.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #1823
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version has been uploaded. With firmware 4.13.12638, and as of calibre 3.41, the base KoboTouch driver is updating the language (which now uses a different format than this driver had been written for) so it's not needed here anymore.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #1824
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
I can not open the plugin cutomization.

I get the following error message.
Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 3.41.3
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QLineEdit.setText(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'

calibre 3.41.3 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 6, 1) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 1, 0) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Annotations (1, 9, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 5, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 7, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 4) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 5) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && FanFicFare (3, 7, 0) && KePub Output (3, 1, 0) && Import List (1, 3, 0) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 805, in _configure_clicked
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 157, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 147, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboextended_config", line 46, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboextended_config", line 73, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.koboextended_config", line 159, in __init__
TypeError: QLineEdit.setText(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'bool'

After the first occurence, I updates Calibre and the Plugin itself, but the issue remains.
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #1825
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Interesting, that suggests for some reason your preferences weren't migrated. I'll see if I can dig anything up, but it's almost time for me to be leaving for work so please expect some delay..
Old 04-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #1826
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I can't spend any more time on it this morning, but I've determined that the old preference is indeed removed before trying to set text at line 159. And line 159 is not referencing the old preference. I also can't reproduce it, so debugging is probably going to mean adding a bunch of logging, getting you to update with a ZIP I'll give you, and see what happens.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:31 AM   #1827
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
OK, we can try that. There probably will be some delays in communication anyway due to the difference in our time zones.

If you provide me with a zip, I will try it.

Is the log as it is enough or would you like to get a debug log when I try the next version?
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #1828
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Debug log is always best for debugging. It lets me add logging to trace execution without cluttering up the console output for normal use.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #1829
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
After updating to the latest version of the plugin I get this error message when I try to add a book to the reader:

calibre, version 3.41.2
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.dri ver" , line 395, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2087, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.dri ver" , line 298, in _modify_epub
File "ntpath.py", line 289, in expanduser
TypeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Anybody knows what this means?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #1830
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

It looks like you're running into the same issue, for some reason your preferences weren't migrated. Once I've got some time tonight I'll roll a new version with extra debugging, you're welcome to install it when it's posted but I'll need debug logs for it to be useful (the first one definitely won't fix anything, for example, just add logs for me).

Tags
error, kobo aura one