Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
sbilek
sbilek has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle 3 wifi
is it possible listening mp3 while reading on k3

i searched forum but can't find a solution. is it possible listening mp3 while reading on k3? if not is there hack for it?

thanx for your help
sbilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
It is possible. I don't listen to music while reading, but instructions are in the User's Guide contained on your Kindle.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
sbilek

thank you so much....
Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
It is possible. You go to Menu-Experimental- Play Mp3
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
sbilek

thanx a lot very helpful
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
You don't even need to go to the menu, you just hit Alt-Space and it will start playing the first mp3 in the Kindles \music folder. And Alt-F skips to the next track.

It's quite barebones, you can no real control except pausing (Alt-Space again) and skipping forward, but it works. It also uses up the battery a lot more.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
franklu
franklu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes ,but i've never used it.
franklu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
What is not widely known is that there is another way to listen to MP3s on your Kindle which DOES give you more than that 'barebones' lack of control described earlier. It is particularly useful if, for instance, you download and like to listen to podcasts, though the disadvantage of this alternative method is that it cannot run the audio while you continue to read, for instance -- it becomes the Kindle's only task for that session.

All you do is load your MP3s into the Audiobooks directory on the Kindle -- which then treats them like an audiobook with a proper interface giving you actual details of the item playing, and the ability to skip, restart etc. The only thing it won't do, unlike a 'real' MP3 player, is remember your place in the MP3 file once you exit the player, which is a bit of a nuisance and perhaps this might be fixed in future firmware.

I use this a lot for my partner and I to enjoy the excellent freely-downloadable BBC podcast programmes (from BBC's domestic Radio 4 for those who love intelligent speech programming) together through the Kindle's speakers, which are quite loud enough for this purpose.
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
sbilek

thanks a lot JeremyR now i can listen classical music while reading. and this keeps my concentration alive...

and terencek i use your style whille listening audiobooks i have. thanks a lot everbody... good days
Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Good days indeed. Classical music is the only genre I like to listen to while reading. But for me nothing seems to beat good old fashioned silence.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #11
sbilek

appreciate i think the way you think but i have to isolate myself from the noise around. so i use headphones while reading to listen.... and best way to keep up with the book i read is classical music... thanks for your helps everybody... i hope u r all have good times...