Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Victorian Murder Mysteries by Deanna Raybourn

"Silent in the Grave"
"Silent in the Sanctuary"
"Silent on the Moor"
by Deanna Raybourn

"To say that I met Nicholas Brisbane over my husband's dead body is not entirely accurate..." is a good beginning for a murder mystery. I've read the first two of these "Lady Julia Grey/Nicholas Brisbane" tales and enjoyed both.

They're reminiscent of Carole Nelson Douglas's "Irene Adler/Sherlock Holmes" novels.

They're available at the publisher's web site, Fictionwise, and the dark fortress of the Kindle empire. http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Grave-D...tt_at_ep_dpt_2

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I enjoyed this series well enough, but the "will-they-or-won't-they" of their relationship got on my last nerve.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I say, old chap, they are Victorians, after all!

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
dmen1
dmen1 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Thumbs up sarah waters

though sarah waters victorian novels are usually lesbian themed, you will find them extremely well written and well plotted. she is up for a booker prize for her latest book,the little stranger.:
dmen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I quite enjoy Anne Perry's Victorian detective stories (despite the romance elements).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert