Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Protetive cover for the sensor and the screen?

Hi,

I have been using the DR for about one month now and I realize that the sensor I used to flip the page start getting worn out. The paint on the case was flat, but now after pressed by my finger every day, it become glossy.

I wonder if there is any protective film or cover that can protect the case's color being faded.

Thanks
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics@war View Post
I wonder if there is any protective film or cover that can protect the case's color being faded.

Thanks
The sensors are capacitive sensors. They should work without your finger actually touching the sensors, as long as enough of your finger comes close enough. An electrically non-conductive material between your finger and the sensor does not influence the functioning of the sensor (unless it physically prohibits your finger from coming in the proximity of the sensor).

Any non-conductive film, such as a piece of tape can cover the sensor without losing the functionality of the sensor.

Groen
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
KingDani
Zealot
KingDani began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s,Gigabyte U60 UMPC, SmartQ v7,EKEN M001
he is absolutely right ,Groen. plus , it's strange that the color worns out , i think you should talk to iRex about it.
KingDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
On a semi related topic, I've been wondering what people think is the best way to clean the screen on the DR.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
On a semi related topic, I've been wondering what people think is the best way to clean the screen on the DR.
I use a "microfibre" cleaning cloth - the sort that's sold for cleaning glasses and camera lenses. Works beautifully and removes all grease, fingerprints, and so on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I use a "microfibre" cleaning cloth - the sort that's sold for cleaning glasses and camera lenses. Works beautifully and removes all grease, fingerprints, and so on.
Excellent! I have several of those.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote