Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #31
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Yes, you need an Audible account. No free account but you could do the 30-day free trial and then cancel. If you do the free trial you will also get 2 free audiobooks.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=3059207011

Last edited by NightBird; 09-07-2012 at 07:13 AM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #32
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Pardon me for sounding a bit thick, but after canceling the Audible account I can still purchase the companion audible book to a Kindle title? I'm not interested in another monthly bill.

Last edited by copyrite; 09-07-2012 at 07:33 AM.
copyrite is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #33
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
--> copyrite and NightBird

--I've never had an Audible membership plan and have never done a 30-day trial. Somehow my Amazon account got linked to an Audible account and has me use my Amazon email and Amazon password to log into Audible. It says at Audible that my account was created in 2001, but that has to be when I started my account at Amazon. I've only gotten freebies from Audible from links at MobileRead and I joined MobileRead just 3 months ago in June. I never used Audible prior to that. So, I think it's definitely linked to your regular Amazon account and you should be able to get all the freebies I've gotten (unless there's something else I'm not aware of?).
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh! Thanks for the incentive kg3! My account I've never used nor paid for goes back to 2004. I've ignored all the previous mentions of Audible freebies because I didn't have an account. My loss.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

-->copyrite (and anyone else who wants to know), here's the exact procedure to create the free Audible account linked to your Amazon account:

1) Go to Audible.com, click on already have an Audible account, sign in here.
2) Fill in your Amazon email and Amazon password into the user name and password fields.
3) Press sign-in.
4) It will say - we're sorry we didn't recognize the account information.....If you don't have an Audible account, you can create one - Click on create one.
5) The next screen says: You can now use your Amazon.com account to create a New Audible account, then enter your Amazon email address and Amazon password in the fields and Press Continue.
6) Your Country will show up on the next screen and Press Continue.
7) Your name will show up on the next screen above Country and Press Continue.
8) The next screen says: Welcome to Audible, thanks for creating an account.
--At this point, you will already be signed into this new Audible account and can click on your Account Details in the upper right corner of the screen.

-I figured this out by using an old email address I had tied with an old Amazon account, and created an Audible account linked to that old Amazon email and password, so now I have another Audible account. I knew there was some way I had done this recently and I just figured it out again in order to let you guys know how to do it too.
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #36
Obliv
Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Obliv solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook Color
Hey I was able to get Uncle Tom's Cabin for free too, but it's not on the free list posted above.

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Toms-Cab.../dp/B0084B1OUM
http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B002V5B00G

Hope it works for everyone else too
Obliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #37
kg3
Guru

Thanks Obliv! It worked for me too .

-There must be more than the 27 I listed before, I wonder if they change daily? If anyone knows how to find these extra ones, beyond searching every single title, it would be great to know!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #38
copyrite
Wizard

not linked to Kindle books but also free...

The End of the Affair (Colin Firth)
http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B008GXLSKE

Time Traveler's Wife:
http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B003T...MA0213WS031709

Last edited by copyrite; 09-07-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #39
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
I'm loading up on these free books. And this immersion thing may have sold me on a Kindle Fire.

I am geting this error message though.

Quote:
Oops!

Something went wrong while we were processing your order. You will receive the audiobook you just purchased, but unfortunately there will be a short delay before it appears in My Library.

Please do not attempt to buy the items in this order again - it will only further delay the processing.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #40
kg3
Guru

-->ScotiaBurrell

-I've gotten that message too several times, but the books show up in my Audible Library within a short while. I've never had them not show up, so far.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #41
kg3
Guru

Here's another FREE one, not on the list:

Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy - Amazon US

Tess - Free at Audible.com
Old 09-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #42
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm having trouble with Audible too. When I click "complete purchase," first I was getting an error page, now I'm getting "your shopping cart is empty"! Luckily when I click the back button, the items (all 27 freebies) are there, but this is a PITA.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #43
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Cat, I did mine one by one.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #44
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Well, my order finally went through--after multiple tries the cart stayed empty, and the books appeared in my library. Now, though, I can't download them. Audible told me I needed to install the software, which I did--but all I keep getting is the same message that I need to install the software. Frankly, I'm totally disgusted with the whole process; I've wasted more than an hour, and I've gotten nothing.

P.S. I also restarted the computer, thinking that would do the trick. Still nothing--get the same message that I need the stupid software.

P.P.S. After two chats and one phone call (!), I found out that I needed to go to account settings and turn on "software verification." Like I'm supposed to have just magically known to do that? Why the heck is the default to have it OFF? I think the people at Audible are a bunch of idiots, and after this experience, I am not inclined to try an actual purchase.

Last edited by Catlady; 09-07-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #45
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Found another one.

Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe

Enjoy!

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible