Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Gafry
Gafry began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I/O Errors copying from internal memory

I'm getting I/O errors while copying the ebooks and examples provided by bookeen from mine reader. I've tried those under Linux and Windows. Anyone else got the same experiance?
Gafry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Faulty USB cable, perhaps? Do you have a different cable you could try, or a different machine to try copying to?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
Gafry

I don't think so, because I've copied the handbook to the SD memory and it's readable. The same is for a earlier copied mobipocket which is also readable.
I'm now trying to find a way to cleanup the internal disk, maybe something went wrong will connecting it to mine linux computer...

I'll also try to find a mine usb cable and see if it makes a difference.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
Gafry

Doing a disk check on the internal memory results in errors, but got to much weird errors to try to fix it. The SD memory card shows now errors. Bbooting up or reading content works from internal and SD. Only deleting or copying from internal keeps giving problems.

Is there a way to clean install the device with the 1.00 version?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
You really should contact Bookeen, this sounds like something you have to report asap.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #6
Gafry

I've emailed Bookeen, but with the weekend... I have to wait a couple of days before response.
Luckly SD memory works okee and allows to remember where I'm in a book and even bookmarkings works with it. This wasn't working from the start with books in internal memory.
I'm now more and more convinced that I have to reformat the internal disk/memory and reinstall the software but will wait for Bookeens response before doing such a drastic action.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 AM   #7
Gafry

No answer yet from bookeen, but could be to early. I've e-mailed to contact@bookeen.com, but don't now for sure if that's the right address, anyone?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is the right address.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:06 AM   #9
AMStorey
AMStorey began at the beginning.

Device: cyBook Gen 3
Possible fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafry View Post
No answer yet from bookeen, but could be to early. I've e-mailed to contact@bookeen.com, but don't now for sure if that's the right address, anyone?
I had a problem where I could not 'see' the internal cyBook device when hooked up via usb but I could see SD card as a removable drive... I tried everything I could come up with including different cables and diffeernt pc's and os's (Linux / XP / Vista) unfortunately neither works now but... having had a dialogue of emails to and from Bookeen (Who were to be fair very prompt and helpful) they have suggested that maybe the internal rom needs re-flashing and they are preparing a fix and will be back in touch when it is tested.

Thankfully the device works well standalone so I am using an sd card loaded up with files and enjoying the reading experience greatly. Hoping the fix arrives soon!
AMStorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #10
Gafry

AMStory, could you make that fix available when you get it? It sounds it would solve my problem also

Only still waiting for a word from Bookeen How fast did they respond to your e-mail? (I'm waiting about 1 business day (mailed Friday evening) so maybe a need to be a bit less anguish).
Old 11-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Quote:
AMStory, could you make that fix available when you get it? It sounds it would solve my problem also

Only still waiting for a word from Bookeen How fast did they respond to your e-mail? (I'm waiting about 1 business day (mailed Friday evening) so maybe a need to be a bit less anguish).
Bookeen appears to be picky on which emails they do respond to.
I asked them an important question about my invoice 2 weeks ago (when I had ordered it) and I still have not seen an answer from them.
Others however say that they got their answers on the same day and even one written at 1am in the morning.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've written them three e-mails asking technical questions. All have been answered within a couple of hours.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #13
AMStorey

Rom Fix... when it turns up

Quote:

Of course I can! As soon as I get it - assuming that it's not already generally available, I'll pass it on.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:58 AM   #14
Gafry

Waiting for about a week without any word from Bookeen, so send them a new mail and hopefully will get some response now. I've send it to contact@bookeen.com and support@bookeen.com (don't know if this exist, but saw it some where in the forums).

Any update about the Rom Fix?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #15
AMStorey

No ROM fix as yet...

As of today (19th Nov) No fix yet so I'll fire off an other email and see if I get a response. I'll let you all know the outcome.
[little update] - I just sent off a query re the ROM update. I'll add the replies here.

Last edited by AMStorey; 11-19-2007 at 07:13 AM.