Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Question Developing for Kindle TOUCH

Hi!

Is there anyone already developing for the Kindle Touch?

Thanks.
Regards.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
developing what?
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
developing what?
Applications, games etc.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
MatzeMatz
Enthusiast
MatzeMatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I asked a similar question - look here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168107
MatzeMatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
zamana
Zealot

Thanks for reply , but, if I understood well, our questions are a bit different.

It seems that your trying to do reverse engineering. I'm interested in some official (or not) SDK in order to program for KT without any hacks .

I applied for Amazon's KDK, but I guess that they will not release it soon (or not as soon as I expect :-) )
Old 02-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
MatzeMatz
Enthusiast
MatzeMatz began at the beginning.

Well, I don't think there is (and will be) something like an "official SDK/KDK".
So programming for KT is always "hacking"

My goal is not so different that yours - I want to extend existing functionality, you want to write something completely new...

So I have to find out how the existing functionality is implemented and try to find a way to either use and combine other functionality (e.g. by writing shell scripts and calling the built in daemons) or to extend or reimplement existing Java classes.

Therefore I also want to know how I can use and compile the existing libraries together with my own code and put things together...
MatzeMatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
zamana
Zealot

Ok, it's clear now.

Well, for example, there is a Chess application for the Kindle Keyboard (http://www.amazon.com/Chess/dp/B004KACWZW), but not for the Touch (yet, I hope).

So I was wandering how I could do it before Amazon decide to release the programming kit...

Let's join our forces!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #8
Ehhh
Connoisseur
Ehhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the roughEhhh is a jewel in the rough

DLNA + UPNP

it's good idea to have a good player.. it should support all playback commands (Play, Pause, Stop, FF, REW) and should support UPNP protocol and DLNA ))
Ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:45 AM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
There are Touch games and apps that you can buy from the amazon store, so amazon must be supplying software development kits (KDK / SDK) to *somebody*...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote