Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2020, 06:20 AM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson_chung View Post
I want to know which version of Koreader can work well with the latest Firmware ver4.20.1622. Thanks.
The latest version works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 10:09 AM   #77
johnson_chung
johnson_chung began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The latest version works.
Realy? How? My reader is Aura. I have reset for 5 times in two days.
johnson_chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2020, 10:12 AM   #78
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
What do you mean by "reset"? Factory reset or pressed the pinhole reset button? Or something else?

And for the record, I haven't had a hang or anything with any of my ereaders with the 4.20.x firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #79
johnson_chung

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What do you mean by "reset"? Factory reset or pressed the pinhole reset button? Or something else?

And for the record, I haven't had a hang or anything with any of my ereaders with the 4.20.x firmware.
5 times Factory reset. Can you tell me which version of KSM and KOreader will be work well with the new firmware. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Forget KSM. That could be your problem.

Anyway, there's a pre-built installer for KOReader that uses KFMon. See the thread One-Click Install Packages for KOReader & Plato to read all about it and get KOReader installed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #81
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@johnson_chung: All of them. KOReader technically doesn't give a damn about the stock FW version.

EDIT: Whee. Missed a new page. Been a while since that happened ;D.

Unsurprisingly, I stand by Jon's latest answer .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-11-2020 at 11:49 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 10:38 PM   #82
johnson_chung

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Forget KSM. That could be your problem.

Anyway, there's a pre-built installer for KOReader that uses KFMon. See the thread One-Click Install Packages for KOReader & Plato to read all about it and get KOReader installed.
Thanks for your help, I made it with no KSM. But there were lots of pictures in 'My Books'.

Last edited by johnson_chung; 04-12-2020 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:05 AM   #83
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
5 times Factory reset.
What were the symptoms? If there is a real need to do constant factory resets, it is probably a sign of a hardware problem. Or, based on my experience here, a misunderstanding of what is going on.
Quote:
Can you tell me which version of KSM and KOreader will be work well with the new firmware. Thanks.
I honestly don't know. I don't use them. But, I'd usually say "the latest version". There are threads for discussing both of these, that's where you should ask this question.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:16 PM   #84
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Slightly off topic: My firmware page now supports instant notifications: https://t.me/KoboFirmware.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware