Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #4171
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Version Released

Version 3.20.1 - 06 Jun 2020
- Fix for collision issue with translations and email direct d/l.
(Bug fix release for problem described here.)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM   #4172
Anglik_Djilah
Anglik_Djilah began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookreader
Question about length

I'm trying to download a fanfic that reaaaally long, and as much as i tried it always comes as a bad download. The error says something along the line of a time-out.
Can anyone help me with that???
thanks in advance
A.Djilah
Anglik_Djilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #4173
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglik_Djilah View Post
I'm trying to download a fanfic that reaaaally long, and as much as i tried it always comes as a bad download. The error says something along the line of a time-out.
You can download parts by chapter by putting a chapter range after the story URL when you enter it.

http://site.com/sid[1-50]

Then when that finishes:

http://site.com/sid[51-100]

...etc.

It might help to set a slow_down_sleep_time setting in personal.ini to increase the wait time between network requests--many sites will start blocking you if you are downloading 'too much'.

Without the exact error and story URL, that's all the aid I can offer.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote