Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
vr4y
vr4y began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Koreader doesn't work on 5.4.3

Hi there, I'm using paperwhite2 , just updated to 5.4.3 yesterday.
After that, I successfully jailbroke my device , then installed Kpvbooklet, and koreader.
when i click on pdf file, it doesn't launch koreader any more.. what should i do?
any comment will be appreciated.
vr4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:59 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Are you sure you installed koreader properly? Correct path and all? Unpacked what has to be unpacked? As a first measure, I suggest to go through these steps again. What happens when you click on a PDF? Nothing? Or does the Kindle's PDF reader kick in?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Yes. It's confirmed. Since the /mnt/us is mounted in noexec option in newer firmware, eg. 5.4.3 and 5.4.4. All binary executables are failed to be launched with an error message of "Permission denied" including luajit in koreader.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@chrox: Meh. I'll check it out and update the JB.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:02 AM   #5
vr4y
vr4y began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
thanks very much for your comments.
i just went through the jailbreak process again,
it works now..
vr4y is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 05:12 AM   #6
pantera10684
Enthusiast
pantera10684 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4y View Post
Hi there, I'm using paperwhite2 , just updated to 5.4.3 yesterday.
After that, I successfully jailbroke my device , then installed Kpvbooklet, and koreader.
when i click on pdf file, it doesn't launch koreader any more.. what should i do?
any comment will be appreciated.
Could you tell me which version (or link) did you use?
My version also PW2 5.4.3? I don't know procedure
pantera10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:02 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera10684 View Post
Could you tell me which version (or link) did you use?
My version also PW2 5.4.3? I don't know procedure
MobileRead standard practice:
Most recent version is an attachment to the first post of its thread or a link in the first post of the thread.

This particular bug was fixed by a recent update to the Jailbreak. Just re-run the most recent version.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:25 AM   #8
fallenfuzz
fallenfuzz began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
MobileRead standard practice:
Most recent version is an attachment to the first post of its thread or a link in the first post of the thread.

This particular bug was fixed by a recent update to the Jailbreak. Just re-run the most recent version.
Hi,

By the "recent update to the Jailbreak" you mean in the forum's jailbreak thread or from the Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks?

Thanks in advance.
fallenfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenfuzz View Post
Hi,

By the "recent update to the Jailbreak" you mean in the forum's jailbreak thread or from the Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks?

Thanks in advance.
Compare the filenames yourself.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #10
fallenfuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Compare the filenames yourself.

Thanks, but you should know better, no?

In the main thread files are from 9.03
In the Snapshots of NiLuJe's from 25.03, but I assume it is test/not stable/or something else, otherwise it would be in the main.

Just want to be sure that once upgrade on PW2 done to 5.4.3, the great KOreader will continue to function.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenfuzz View Post
Thanks, but you should know better, no?

- - - -

Thanks
I meant this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@chrox: Meh. I'll check it out and update the JB.
Which seemed to be confirmed by:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr4y View Post
thanks very much for your comments.
i just went through the jailbreak process again,
it works now..
But when you compare the informations available in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645
and:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

You find:
1) they are both 1.9.N
2) the one in the jailbreak thread has a download count in the thousands (it hasn't been changed recently).
3) Both are dated (one by script, one by forum software) more recently than the confirmation.

So I guess either one should contain the correction.

Note: **guess** above -
Since author did not confirm that he found it necessary to post an update, and;
The tester did not mention which link they "re-ran", and;
My crystal ball is still off-line.

Last edited by knc1; 04-09-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
In addition, there's a handy human-readable changelog in the threads, and a detailed one in the packages themselves.

TL;DR: You'll need the latest jailbreak, and possibly the latest kpvbooklet too if you were using that.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #13
fallenfuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
In addition, there's a handy human-readable changelog in the threads, and a detailed one in the packages themselves.

TL;DR: You'll need the latest jailbreak, and possibly the latest kpvbooklet too if you were using that.

Thanks, will check and report.
Using KUAL
Old 04-15-2014, 03:40 AM   #14
fallenfuzz

All good on latest 5.4.3.1 FW, updated JB, kindlet. koreader etc. So far so good.