Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Want to Buy - iPod Shuffle/2ed Generation 1GB or larger.

My husband's friend is almost blind from Diabetes and needs some of the early audio players that can be operated easily without vision. I am looking for the 2ed Generation iPod Shuffle with charger. Let me know if any of you have them stashed away. Must be a minimum of 1GB storage and in good working order. PM me with price wanted. I have a couple of bids in on eBay and at this point don't want to pay over $25per player shipped.
Thanks
Tucson, AZ

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 04-05-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Only am currently looking for the iPod Shuffle. The Sansa didn't work out.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Has your friend considered the iPad? It's completely usable by blind people out of the box. It's won awards for its wonderful accessibility for the blind.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

My husband's friend is very cheap. I will be lucky if he ends up paying for the small audio players that I am buying for him. He said he would, but I am not sure.
As for the iPad, don't you need to have some reasonable vision?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No; the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch can be used by completely blind people. They have a built-in accessibility feature called "VoiceOver". If you enable this, you get a spoken description of the items on the screen as you run your fingers over the surface of the screen. When you find the item you want, tap it to activate it. As I said, it's won awards and praise from many organisations for the blind.

There's a review of it here:

http://www.nillabyte.com/entry.php?2...-User-s-Review

Perhaps a used iPod Touch might meet your ftiend's requirements? You certainly won't get one for $20, but you have to be realistic.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
luvshihtzu
Groupie

I am being realistic about what he will pay for. It will never be an iPad. Thanks, I did find a fourth Gen ipod Shuffle with Voice Over on eBay for $32.99 with charger. Will try it out this weekend and see if it will work. Only bad part is it is so very tiny.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
luvshihtzu
Groupie

The iPod 4th Generation 2GB Shuffle (no screen) with Voice Over is absolutely perfect. Two buttons and if you get lost with audiobooks, it tells you where you are. It still is a bit tiny, but absolutely perfect for the blind friend. With 2 GB, it also holds a couple of weeks worth of books.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Excellent! Happy that it worked out for you.