Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
lady blue has a point, mr. yeti sir. actually i suggest you get yourself an avatar as quick as you can, for your own good. if you don't... well... someone will probably get one for you.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #32
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs

Knew I'd forgotten something.

I shall sort out an avatar tonight!
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #33
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Yeah. You better hurry, Dave.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i think what vr meant to say was :

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Yeah. You better hurry, Dave.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #35
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or maybe:

Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #36
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave View Post

Knew I'd forgotten something.

I shall sort out an avatar tonight!
The third Mummy movie was totally shit-on-a-shingle , though I must say that the yetis were the best thing by far about it:

(Probably spoilers in the below, and I found it with the sound off - the Loved One is sleeping - so I don't know what "soundtrack" it comes with)

I'm sure you could find a usable image with some googling.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #37
zelda_pinwheel

either one of those looks good to me.

(hm, i was posting about vr's images, but probably those video clips could work too. )
Old 07-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #38
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yeti_Doll.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	32404

Name:	Yeti.gif
Views:	201
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	32403

Name:  snoman_yeti.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  4.6 KB

Name:	Yeti-1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	32405 Click image for larger version

Name:	Yeti-2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	32406Click image for larger version

Name:	Yeti-3.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	32407

Let's get on with it . . . don't take all day.

You can always do like MoeJoe does. He changes his avatar as often as he changes his, ur . . . mind . . . yeh, that's it.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #39
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
'tis done! I happend to like Zelda's one the most for now,but I have a couple of Lady Blue's finds on standby
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
'tis done! I happend to like Zelda's one the most for now,but I have a couple of Lady Blue's finds on standby
i can't take credit ! that was vr's original find, but he posted the wrong url, and i just fixed it in my quote of his post. then he went and posted a whole nother image, and it's just been chaos since then. but i'm glad you've got an avatar now ! and a fine one it is, too.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #41
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Thank you all for the friendly welcome!

Yeti hugs all round (they're like bear hugs, but more Yeti-ish)
Welcome to MR, Dave.

Yeti hug sounds good, air conditionning is still broken in my office, I had to move to another one on the same floor to get a little fresh air.

Wait ... I wrote this under the assumption that yeti hugs are cool and fresh, but I may have been mislead by seeing some ad on TV.
Maybe it's only Yeti George's hugs that are cool and fresh ...
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Welcome to MR, Dave.

Yeti hug sounds good, air conditionning is still broken in my office, I had to move to another one on the same floor to get a little fresh air.
Wait, I wrote this under the assumption that yeti hugs are cool and fresh, but I may have been mislead by seeing some ad on TV.
Maybe it's only Yeti George's hugs that are cool and fresh ...
Old 07-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #43
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad

Q. What's the difference between a Yeti and an Abominable Snowman?
A. Abominable Snowmen don't need to wear a watch.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #44
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Q. What's the difference between a Yeti and an Abominable Snowman?
A. Abominable Snowmen don't need to wear a watch.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #45
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

So The Yeti has joined us following Am. Not long ago, VCat joined us following her father, Yvanleterrible. Are there are any other familial pairs at MR? Of course, there was psockpuppet who seemed to have followed pshwynkies. And recently Adrian seems to have displaced Marc who may be somewhere in the Trouser Leg of Time. But I mean besides those.