Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 02:30 AM   #3181
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Sorry for bugging
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #3182
samhfoley
Enthusiast
samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle voyage and paperwhite 2
My daughter's Paperwhite 2 jailbreak and mods survived the upgrade to 5.9.6.2

Still waiting on when and if I can downgrade/jailbreak my new Voyage which came with 5.9.6.2
samhfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #3183
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@samhfoley: 5.9.6.2 hasn't even hit the "Kindle Software Update" page on Amazon, so, err, where did that update come from?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #3184
samhfoley
Enthusiast
samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.samhfoley is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle voyage and paperwhite 2
shrug...blush....5.9.6.1....apologies
samhfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:11 AM   #3185
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhfoley View Post
shrug...blush....5.9.6.1....apologies
If this is still the out-of-the-box fw (i.e. the device was never connected to the internet and therefore didn't get an OTA update), it's worth a try to downgrade to the initial factory test fw. If it isn't possible, the UYK command is greyed out, and the fw file will be automatically deleted and nothing happens. Especially no fear of bricking the device...
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2018, 06:19 AM   #3186
McColum
McColum began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch 2 (B0C6)
Sorry for taking your time, but I have got a problem with downloading a previous FW version for my Kindle (KT2) to downgrade it. When I go to this page: https://www.adrive.com/public/4PfzrY...in/?ai=2g2g4bb, I can only see a message, that "The file I am trying to access is no longer available publicly. Please contact the user who has shared this file with you". So what is wrong with it?
UPD.: Oh, now I see that you've got a mirror on MediaFire. Please, grant me access, so I can download the file.

Last edited by McColum; 07-17-2018 at 06:32 AM.
McColum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #3187
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What firmware version is your KT2 currently running?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:43 AM   #3188
untoreh
untoreh began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
I have a kindle KT3 on fw 5.8.9, however I don't think it came with this firmware. Can I try the downgrade without bricking ?
untoreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #3189
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
__No__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break
Will this jail break work on my current firmware?
If the third field of your firmware version number: 5.8.7.0.1 is larger than 7 this jail break will not work on your device.
That means it will not work on: 5.8.8, 5.8.9, 5.8.10, ..., 5.8.99999999.
Please do not even think of asking if this message still means what is written. The message is kept current.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:09 AM   #3190
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by untoreh View Post
I have a kindle KT3 on fw 5.8.9, however I don't think it came with this firmware. Can I try the downgrade without bricking ?
KT3 on any factory firmware can be downgraded.
You can try, just put the initial factory firmware to the top of usb-visible partition.
In the worst case your menu item Update Your Kindle will be greyed.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #3191
McColum
McColum began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch 2 (B0C6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What firmware version is your KT2 currently running?
McColum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:17 AM   #3192
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@McColum: 5.9.6.1 > 5.8.x, you lose.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #3193
untoreh
untoreh began at the beginning.

Device: KT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
KT3 on any factory firmware can be downgraded.
You can try, just put the initial factory firmware to the top of usb-visible partition.
In the worst case your menu item Update Your Kindle will be greyed.
yepyep just downgraded, proceding to jailbreak
untoreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:19 AM   #3194
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
What is the full list of the ;log parameters implemented into the jb script?
Besides of mrpi and runme.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #3195
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That's it. .

(With a few variant spellings accepted)