Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #16
QBColleen
QBColleen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Dixie Gal

Thanks Dixie Gal....I never tried that....good to know.

Colleen
QBColleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #17
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachi View Post
hello:,
Im new in this forum. Excuse me about my english, cause Im from Argentina, and my english is not good.
Now I will post my difficult with my Ereader Sony PRS500. When I conecting the USB cable, and y opened the program in the PC, windows told me that was not responding.
So I disconected the device, and in the screen apeares the logo of E reading and "starting up", and it stayed like that, until now. I tried to reseted it, and the program did not respond. I tried to turn off and y couldnt.

Please tell me what can I do?
I had exactly the same symptoms with my 700; on a restart it wouldn't even get to the point of allowing the hard reset key sequence.

I was able to resolve it by leaving it plugged in to the USB port for a while. It eventually did reset itself and become visible to my computer in 'removable drive mode'. (The removable drives appeared in windows explorer.) When it restarts while plugged in, it never goes through the 'starting up' sequence. While I had the drives available, I deleted all of the content and then unplugged the USB plug. When it restarted, it was cleared of content but it worked.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote