Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #1
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Windows 10 crashed, had to reinstall calibre

Windows 10 crashed, had to reinstall calibre. I have the ebook files in the original Calibre Library folder but don't know how to reload books into calibre. I tried switch/create library several times but couldn't get books to load.
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcreek View Post
Windows 10 crashed, had to reinstall calibre. I have the ebook files in the original Calibre Library folder but don't know how to reload books into calibre. I tried switch/create library several times but couldn't get books to load.
If the Library was intact, that should have worked.
was the library from a backup? It may be read only. All you need to do is clear that flag.
Did the Switch use existing STAY on that folder? Libry Icon: Maintainence: Restore will rebuild the DB if everything else is good
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
The Library was from a backup placed in the same location as before. --- This PC > Documents > Calibre Library. It is not read only.

You asked ---"Did the Switch use existing STAY on that folder?" When I try now, the existing Calibre Library folder is at --- Users > Owner > Calibre. I am confused about this process and may have caused this somehow. Can I change the current location back to --- This PC > Documents > Calibre Library.

Last edited by tcreek; 06-21-2018 at 09:18 AM.
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcreek View Post
The Library was from a backup placed in the same location as before. --- This PC > Documents > Calibre Library. It is not read only.

You asked ---"Did the Switch use existing STAY on that folder?" When I try now, the existing Calibre Library folder is at --- Users > Owner > Calibre. I am confused about this process and may have caused this somehow. Can I change the current location back to --- This PC > Documents > Calibre Library.
This PC is a LOGICAL location. It summarizes both the Users area and the Public (shared) area. you want to use the absolute location:
eg. C:\Users\TheDucks\Documents
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote