Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
What happened to the "how to promote your book" section in the wiki?

Okay, I know I haven't been around much in the past number of years, but when I wandered over to the Wiki I noticed that the articles on where and how to promote your ebook are now gone. Did the ebook landscape change that much that they were removed due to being out of date or irrelevant, or were they moved elsewhere? I was asking as I wanted to get my book promotion rolling again after years of being unable to, and now I can't find the list.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
There's the Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers forum which has both the "Shameless Promotion" of both website and novel "sticky" threads (at the top).

Is that not what you meant?
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2018, 06:45 PM   #3
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
No, actually there used to be a section in the Wiki years ago that listed all the various site and methods for getting your books promoted. IE, go to Library Thing, Good Reads, etc, various Kindle and Epub forums, Amazon forums, etc. It was a guide on where to go and what to do as I remember correctly. I came back here looking for that and, boom, not there. Now, if it's been moved somewhere else, that's fine. I was just hoping to find the updated list so I could take advantage of it again now that we're finally making progress, albeit slow, with Amazon. ^_^;;
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I am the moderator for the wiki and I am not aware of any such page. However, there is no reason that there couldn't be such a page. Anyone can make a page in our wiki and everyone can contribute.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote