Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #31
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
So this can be used to organize my audio book library?
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #32
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: 8" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
So this can be used to organize my audio book library?

Yes.

You might want to create a temporary Calibre library to use MFI with in order to test various scenarios as to how you might ultimately want to organize Calibre (via Calibre metadata populated by MFI) from your existing audio book library.

If your audio book library is currently organized in a "smart" directory/subdirectory system, then MFI can reproduce that directory system within Calibre metadata if you wish using the "Dynamic Variables" described in the Original Post, as well as automatic population of Custom Columns.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #33
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will it matter if I have the audiobook library in a totally different location. My current ebook library is on one external harddrive. I would like to put the audiobook library on a different external hard drive.

You may not be able to answer this but when importing will it read the metadata?
Old 09-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #34
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!DaltonST rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: 8" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Will it matter if I have the audiobook library in a totally different location. My current ebook library is on one external harddrive. I would like to put the audiobook library on a different external hard drive.

You may not be able to answer this but when importing will it read the metadata?

No.

MFI sets all of the metadata using your options to do so within MFI. That is what MFI is all about.

Read the Original Post.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:37 AM   #35
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
No.

MFI sets all of the metadata using your options to do so within MFI. That is what MFI is all about.

Read the Original Post.

DaltonST
Thanks just making sure I understood correctly. I have added the plugin and I might be back if I don't understand something. Thanks for creating this.
Advert

Tags
audio, binary, external, image, video