Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Broken screen?

I may have a broken screen. The problem area to the right doesn't change whether the device is on/off/recharging. Oddly, it happened while I was reading (sitting indoors in a comfy chair). All was good, then I turned the page and this appeared. I thought it was a problem with the book, so I went back a page but no luck. I tried a power down and a hard reset with no success. I've had it for about 18 months without any problems and take good care of it. I hold out a very slim hope that it is a firmware problem but I have an awful feeling it's hardware. ::sob!:: And the worst thing is that the earliest I could even try and return this or get a new one will be mid-April, more likely May.

Last edited by jehane; 01-31-2012 at 07:30 AM.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
That is a hardware problem, though I don't think the screen is broken. Probably the screen controller is malfunctioning. Sorry.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Thanks pidgeon. Looks like I'll be in the market for new device when I get back to civilisation.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote