Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #1
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
Freeze Columns?

I was wondering if there's a way to freeze columns so that that column always shows when side scrolling if there's not enough room for all columns to be seen at once similar to like what you can do in Excel? For example, you might freeze the title column so you can always see it no matter how far you scroll?

Thanks in advance for the info. If such a thing doesn't exist, I'd like to suggest it for future versions.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think that is what the NEW feature "Split the book list" does.

Right click on the 'divider" column header
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #3
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Well, it doesn't seem to be exactly the same. The second window has all the columns including ones I'd previously hidden and the title column shows up in each window. Also, all of the original columns are still available in the first window but with a ton more scrolling needed to see them. So I guess it will take some tweaking to get it how I want it, but I suppose it will work if that's all that's available. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Edit: Just to let the developer know, if one side of the split view has a scroll bar and the other doesn't, the rows aren't lined up quite right.

Last edited by Kythe42; 05-26-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:48 PM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=153

This is a workaround.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:30 PM   #5
Kythe42
Zealot

Sorry, I'm really not sure what I'm looking at there with no context.
Anyway I just added a field I don't care able to the other window so it would have a scrollbar too so the rows on each side will be even.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
Kythe42
Zealot

I'd been happily using this split view for awhile now, but then when I switched to a library that I hadn't used in awhile, it kept the split view and the split view doesn't really work for the other library, or at least not in it's current position and column settings.

If I remove the split book view in the second library, or just change how it's set up, will that remove/change the split view from the first library when I switch back? I did attempt to see if I could save the split view with view manager, but that doesn't appear to save the columns on the right side of the split.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Kythe42 - JimmXinu made some changes to View Manager to accommodate Split View. There's a test version in post# 252 in the VM thread awaiting feedback from VM users (including me), see page 17.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:09 PM   #8
Kythe42
Zealot

Thanks for the information. I'm not entirely sure if I want do participate in the testing, but I'll be on the look out for the updated version when it's released and hope that it meets my needs.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The columns shown in split view are per library. They have to be since different libraries can have different columns.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:42 PM   #10
Kythe42
Zealot

Is the position of the split also meant to be different for different libraries? That was mainly what I was concerned with because the same position won't work for me for different libraries. I might need it in different spots depending on the columns I have on each side. I'm also not sure if I even want split view at all on the second library, so I was trying to find out if removing it on the 2nd library would also remove it on the first. I suspect so, otherwise why would split view be there automatically for the 2nd library?
Old 06-22-2018, 11:51 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is one click to show/hide the split when changing libraries, and a simple drag to adjust its position.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:53 PM   #12
Kythe42
Zealot

I see. I was afraid that all the column settings would be undone if I removed the split view and would have to be reset again when putting it back. Thank you for the information.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:00 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can show/hide the view all you want, the settings will be preserved.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:00 AM   #14
Kythe42
Zealot

I just tested it to confirm that. Thanks!