Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
Rasmus123
Rasmus123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question E-reader for easy PDF sync between devises?

Hello,

I am looking to buy an e-reader for my studies. I don’t think I require much of it, however I have not really been able to find one that suits my needs. So I hope I have just overlooked something obvious which you can point me in the direction towards.

I mostly need to read PDFs which in download via my computer, but of course it would also be handy to be able to work with other file formats.
I need to highlight text and make small comments in the text. Preferably just with my finger or some kind of marker.

Most importantly (and based on my initial research, this is where it gets tricky), I need it to be able to sync my pdfs in some (easy, as in a few clicks) way between my laptop and the e-reader. So if I read a pdf on the e-reader and make comments and highlight text, I want to be able to see these highlights and comments when I open the pdfs on my laptop. And the other way around.

I would also need it to be able to work with Mac and preferably also PC.

Can I do this with any e-reader or should I consider getting a tablet instead? I am looking at the new Ipad which is not so expensive and seems to have a great screen for reading.
Rasmus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Tablet.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
Tenko-78
Tenko-78 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I’m searching fora non eink device with yours feature for long time, but can’t find yet. Device that come near feature you re asking, Ford me are: Sony dpt-rp1 (read only pdf), onyx boox and remarkable
Tenko-78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #4
Tenko-78
Tenko-78 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Want to say “searching for a ink device”
Tenko-78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:24 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given that you want PDF, an iPad is your best choice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-reader, pdf, studies, sync