Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #511
luiz_ng
luiz_ng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW3
Default menu font?

Hi,
Does anyone know what font kindle used in title bar and Go To TOC menu when reading? It’s not fully supported in my language so I want to change it. I tried changing amazon ember but it was still the same.
luiz_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #512
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Futura or Ember, IIRC. (Helvetica in very old FWs).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #513
starcrys
starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.starcrys is that somebody.

Device: KPW4
Hm...I'm not sure if this is off topic or something, but I'm a bit muddy on the font hack stuff. If I have a system that has FW 5.10 and above, and I actually just want to have custom font for the files (.txt format by the way, I know that the kindle will allow for custom fonts in .azw3 format) that I'll be reading (e.g. on PW4, provided I get it JBed and install the fonts hack), what will I have to override since the custom fonts won't appear on the Aa/normal fonts screen? Or maybe the font hack doesn't work in such a high firmware version/PW4?

I know I can convert the .txt to .azw3, but I'm looking to see if a simpler solution can be done without have to do the conversion (since I have lots of files numbering to the hundreds and thousands...I don't want to think of the time it will take to do all that). Thanks.

Last edited by starcrys; 03-25-2019 at 02:52 PM.
starcrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:35 PM   #514
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
I don't actually recall if I ever tested this with TXT files, but I can say that stuff generally appear to still behave (at least on 5.9.7).

The only thing that got broken are FreeType overrides, but that was an extra optional feature, with a built-in safety check, so it just gets automagically disabled on unsupported FW.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #515
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Ah...
*.txt is how Lab126 spells *.htm (or *.html).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fontconfig, fonts, freetype, hacks, paperwhite, touch