Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Overdrive no longer works on 2012 Nook Model #BNTV250A

I have a Nook that I bought in 2012?? I bought it new, it still works great with purchasing books, and reading them, but my Overdrive no longer works. I've now been using Adobe Digital Editions which is a big pain to get a book from the library.

All My Nook says about itself in the "Device Info" is what you see below. It's not called a "tablet", "color" or any on name. Just the Version and Model #:

BNTV250A (Model)
1.4.3 (Version)

Can one like my Nook be changed or configured to run Overdrive, and possibly the Google Playstore? I am getting a Nook Tablet 7, but want to give that to my sister for Christmas. I have to get it set up for her as she's not tech. inclined. But if I like it, I was going to order one for myself, only because I can't get my Overdrive with my library2go capabilities.

Any help appreciated, as I don't know exactly what "rooting" is. Someone had asked about their, "old Nook", and I thought maybe this was the place to ask about my situation Thank you much, Denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The BNTV250A is the 8GB version of the Nook Tablet.

Info about rooting, custom Android ROM's and other things can be found at the XDA forums...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nook-tablet
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #3
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Thanks AnemicOak, but I got my Overdrive to work fine lastnight. I think my issue was more my wifi signal slowing down. Not sure, but I don't need to do anymore research for now. I appreciate your link though, and will take a look as I would like to know if there is maybe a way to make sure my Nook is going as fast as possible

My friend Reta has had Persians for years, she rescues them and gives them a wonderful home with her and her family. She has 3 now. That Blue Smoke looks a lot like Sebastian, and he's passed now But she went right down and rescued another about a month later

Happy reading!!
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote