Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
JamesLS
Nameless Being

Angry Nook Galaxy new issues

Apparently Barnes and Noble in their infinite wisdom has decided to do another silent update to their operation of the Galaxy.
Started this morning, My folders where all my sideloaded content lived are no longer viewable in my computer file manager. Some, but not all of my sideloaded content was still viewable. Calibre could not find nor show any of my already sideloaded content. My Galaxy was getting really really slow anyways so I saw this as a good time to reboot, reload, and start over again on the Galaxy. Now, when I sideload through Calibre, Calibre thinks it's sideloaded, but the books are not showing up in the main Nook library, either with or without covers. Anybody else experiencing this issue? What folder do I need to create do make my sideloads to work correctly?
Old 10-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
JamesLS
Nameless Being

Update, after a double reboot, laptop and Galaxy, the books show up in the main Nook library, but without their covers. Geesh, It worked great for almost a year, with covers in my library. Why oh why does BN do this. Fixing something that's not broken. Anybody know how to get my covers back? I have the sideloads in my Nook Galaxy/Tablet/NOOK/MyDocuments folder.
Advert
Old 10-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
JamesLS
Nameless Being

New Update, (I do a lot of fiddling around when I'm annoyed) Sideloaded content is now in Nook Galaxy/Tablet/NOOK/My Files/Books and I'm getting them to show up in the main Nook library, but with about a 45% covers being seen. This, however, is only when the Library is set to show all files, not just books.