Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-08-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Talking Marshmallow on a Nook HD

Well, I just hauled out my old Nook HD and discovered, lo and behold, I can put Cyanogenmod Marshmallow on it.

Only 10% of Android devices are running Marshmallow now—and one of them is my 2012 Nook HD. It's a bit slow to launch some apps, but it runs e-readers just fine, and even streams movies. I had to use an app downloader to grab the APKs for the Nook app and Hulu, which Google Play didn't think were worthy to grace this decrepit hardware, but they ran just fine when installed.

Pretty crazy, huh? Potentially more along the lines of demonstrating just how many clowns I can stuff into one car than actually useful, but you never know.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I had Cyanogenmod v11 on my HD+, but got tired of it crashing. I'm back to stock now. Battery doesn't last near as long, but as least it doesn't crash.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:36 AM   #3
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I had Cyanogenmod v11 on my HD+, but got tired of it crashing. I'm back to stock now. Battery doesn't last near as long, but as least it doesn't crash.
FWIW, I've been using cm-11-20151122-NIGHTLY on my HD+ since it was released and I am very happy with its performance.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #4
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Yeah, performance is great. I don't disagree. But, some of my apps for whatever reason would crash all the time and then once in a while the whole thing would just reboot. Last time it rebooted, I decided not to put up with it anymore. I would dearly like to get a new Tab 2 to replace it, but who has $500 to spend on a tablet (not me!).
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote