Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Nook HD+ apps unexpectedly crash

I know it's an old device at this point, but I use this for all my pdfs and most magazines. Recently MoonReader Pro has started to crash on me and now all 3 pdf apps crash. Any suggestions? I've tried reinstall and that doesn't seem to eliminate the problem. I do not have this problem with the audiobook apps. In addition, I get temporary freezes. I presume that a reset might fix it, but I don't know how to do a reset on this device. Any advice appreciated!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
JimPhelps
JimPhelps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook HD+, LG G4
I might be too much of newbie to help or even offer advice that you wouldn't have already tried, but when some of the apps I have keep crashing, just held down the power button for 10 seconds turning the unit completely off and then back on seems to help me about 60% of the time. Other times I've uninstalled the app and then re installed it.

Most recently, my Google Newstand app kept doing that to me and after sending in a crash report, there was an update released and fixed that problem for me. I dunno if it will help you but maybe...

Hope I helped and not made ya yell at the screen saying "I already tried that you dumb*#$%".
JimPhelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I presume that a reset might fix it, but I don't know how to do a reset on this device.
In case you decide to go this route, here's what you do.

With the device on tap the gear in the top right corner near the battery indicator and clock. When the menu drops down tap All Settings then Device Information then Erase & Deregister Device (at the very bottom).

Or with the device powered off, hold the power and home (n) button down until the Nook logo appears on screen. This should bring up the reset prompt.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #4
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
You can reset your Nook by going to Settings > Device Info (or something of that nature, About your Nook, About your Nook HD)> there should be an option to erase and deregister. No need to do a hard reset unless you are unable to get to this setting.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote