Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Z_Man
Z_Man began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
where do downloaded files go?

I downloaded an epub files to my NC but can't find it. Where do downloaded go?
Z_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I think you'll have to explain what you mean better before an answer can be given. How did you do this download? I mean, did you use Windows Explorer and copy the file to your Nook, did you use Calibre and do a send, ADE with drag and drop, or what?

Also, is it an ebook you bought from B&N, somewhere else, or is it a non-DRM book (like from Guntenberg?
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
mathia
mathia began at the beginning.

If I understand the question correctly, you used the browser to download a book? If so, it's in the Library under My Downloads.
mathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

I have a related question. What site is best for downloading files to nook. I have files on my computer at work that I want on my nook. I tried hotmail but can't get attachments to download.
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
mathia

I would transfer them directly using the USB cable.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
wymore
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathia View Post
I would transfer them directly using the USB cable.
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to connect any USB devices to the work computers. I can email them and open them on my home computer then transfer them to the Nook, but I was just look for a site that would allow me to download them straight to the Nook.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
mathia

hmmm...the only other option I can think of at the moment is using calibre's integrated web server to download them directly to the nook using wireless. With all the possible configuration changes you might have to go through on your home newtwork, however, that is probably just as much trouble as you're already going through.
I seem to remember some sort of site where you can upload a file for someone to pick up, but I can't remember what it is at the moment. Also, not sure how well that would work with the Nook.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
wymore
Enthusiast

Well perhaps when email is integrated into the Nook next month attachments will download properly.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #9
Z_Man
Z_Man began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathia View Post
If I understand the question correctly, you used the browser to download a book? If so, it's in the Library under My Downloads.
Yes, I downloaded an epub file using my book browser. I looked in My Downloads but it's not there.
Z_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
dschoemaker
Reading Fool
dschoemaker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, 2x Nook Color, NST, IPad 1 & 3
Assuming you don't have a computer at home I'd go to a public library and ask if you could plug it in and search for it there. Our local librarian is ebook happy and loves to help with these kind of issues.
dschoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:29 AM   #11
Namaste
Namaste began at the beginning.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Man View Post
Yes, I downloaded an epub file using my book browser. I looked in My Downloads but it's not there.
I had the same trouble, I still am. I don't have a downloads folder anywhere. Nor do I know how to get them to download to a folder. I had to go back to my internet browser then go under downloads there to even get to them and read them. Hope that helps a little. Yet I have no way to access them otherwise nor do I know if they will stay long enough to read them. It's rather annoying.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote