Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #106
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
I think Smeza means when you try to access books sideloaded with Calibre through "My Documents" rather than the Books list, they are in folders by author. I hadn't realized they were in the Books list either since I've downloaded quite a few samples from BN for my "to read" list - I've never scrolled all the way to the end to find the sideloaded books. Just always assumed they weren't listed there. The "By author" folder sorting is great for authors I'm familiar with, but if I've downloaded somebody new to try, chances are I remember the title not the author.
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #107
cooljewel
cooljewel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hi Everyone. I am trying to figure out my Nook Color and stumbled upon this site. I am thrilled that there is a place I can ask questions at. I hope someone will be able to help me out.
I have downloaded Calibre and used it successfully for a few days but now I am getting this message that says the book is locked by DRM......What exactly does this mean? Is there anyway to go around this issue?
I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks gang!
cooljewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #108
tanalee
tanalee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7.0.3
Smile Connector protectors

Aloha...

Apparently quite a few people have problems with the Nook Color and Nook Tablet connectors breaking (ugh!). After I got a new one, I bought a toothbrush cover to protect mine while it's not in use. I still need to come up with something to protect while IN use, but this is a start.

I'm posting links to photos, but don't know if they'll work:

[Oops! Kinda HUGE...but you get the idea.]

Tana-Lee

Last edited by tanalee; 02-08-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Added info
tanalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #109
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
That's a cool tip, tanalee. You ought to submit that w/ the pics as a general "protect fragile USB connectors" tip to tips@lifehacker.com

I'll bet you'd make the From the Tips Box feature.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #110
tanalee
tanalee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7.0.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
That's a cool tip, tanalee. You ought to submit that w/ the pics as a general "protect fragile USB connectors" tip to tips@lifehacker.com

I'll bet you'd make the From the Tips Box feature.
Aloha!

Thanks for your compliment and suggestion. I'll check it!

Tana-Lee
tanalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #111
acsclassof2012
acsclassof2012 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
would my apps get deleted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Rooting means getting superuser privileges (it's jailbreaking), so you can modify the device and install apps as you please. There are plenty of threads on how to do so, should you wish to try.
if i wanted to do this, would all my apps that i downloaded or bought be deleted?
acsclassof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #112
bb63
bb63 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
love this thread, and have picked up a few pointers. i of course bought a nook color just as the newest is set to be released. i am old fashioned in that i don't buy a new one until the old one breaks, and my 1st gen nook has finally died!

one thing i was excited for when purchasing my new nook was better organization on the device. one of the things i've noticed, and disliked immensely was that when i view the nook via my computer, my files are organized in folders by author, and each folder generally contains one or 2 books. is there anyway to transfer books to the nook without this happening? i'm not sure if its a nook issue or if its the "reading list" plugin created here on this board that causes this to happen. any advice would be greatly appreciated
bb63 is offline   Reply With Quote