Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Any interest in seeing the Burnt Orange cover?

I got one without the light and can take pics tonight when I get home if anyone is interested in seeing the color in real life.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Sure...let's have a look!
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20100831_111430.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	57450

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20100831_111102.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	57451

Here are two from my cell phone camera. Will take some better shots later. This is pretty true to the color though.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I was expecting it to be a brighter orange, but it looks more tan.
I debated on this or the green one and ended up with green, which is a proper bright green, which is what I was after. This orange one is more sedate than shown on Amazon pics, so thanks for showing us.

Very, very nice I can see me getting another cover soon, loving these colours.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Very nice. With the wife claiming ownership of mine when it arrives (ordered with a black cover) I demanded to be given permission (thanks Peter Griffin) to buy myself a K3 (for a second time), and will get a cover that isn't black to easily identify whose is whose. I'm leaning towards the Orange or the Green.

Anyone able to say whether the coloured covers show dirt and scuff marks easier than the black? Apparently with the stylzworld covers the green really shows the dirt. Alternatively, any suggestions on a cleaning agent for these covers? I assume they are fake leather?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
I always buy green if it's an available color. I have a green 120G WD USB drive, for example. The Amazon cover I bought is what I think of as "apple green". A little bit brighter than I expected, but quite a happy color.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
Quake1028
Guru

Flash off.

Flash on.

Included some white and black below to let you see how those colors look on your monitor to judge. I really think it's a unique, beautiful cover.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Looks good!

How is the weight of the cover? I gave up on the lighted one because it's as heavy as the Kindle itself.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
On my digital kitchen scale the weights are as follows:

Amazon cover: 6.0 oz.
Kindle 3G: 8.1 oz.
Total together comes to 14.2 oz. (must be rounding)

Mass market paperback that was handy: 12.3 oz.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #10
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Anyone able to say whether the coloured covers show dirt and scuff marks easier than the black? Apparently with the stylzworld covers the green really shows the dirt. Alternatively, any suggestions on a cleaning agent for these covers? I assume they are fake leather?
Nope, real leather so far as I can tell, really stitched to the innards too. I'll speak up for the Chocolate Brown since it is nearly as dark as the black and looks quite nice with the deep gray of the lining and Graphite Kindle.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Can we get photos of the chocolate brown? Did anyone post them yet?

That burnt orange looks great!
namebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
Mike 01Hawk
Enthusiast
Mike 01Hawk doesn't litterMike 01Hawk doesn't litter

Device: K3 Wifi Graphite :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Alternatively, any suggestions on a cleaning agent for these covers?
Shamelessly stolen from Oberon's website
http://oberondesign.com/care.php
Mike 01Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
The cover looks great!
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I purchased the red but the burnt orange was my second choice.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I like that orange, too. All this new K3 fuss isn't helping my resolve one bit, you know. (I could just stay out of this forum section, but where would be the fun in that?)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote