Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I will admit that I am not the best (probably more like the worst ) photographer in the world. When we used to use those old instamatic cameras (remember the ones with 110 film), my pictures would generally look like I had a nervous condition. Now with the new digital cameras, the pictures don't look shaky and are very crisp, but because of the delay, I get the subject moving away from the camera. I have a lot of pictures of my dogs' rear-ends! Thankfully, the kids know to hold a pose long enough for mom to get the shot (although there's usually a lot of grumbling going on, too.)
Ohh, that's better than me... I always made pictures of poles or trees. Right in the middle of the frame. Did it with my analog camera, still do it with my digital camera.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
How's this one?
I think if a Sphinx doesn't appear in the video, it doesn't count. If that one's too hard, how about:

"Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs."

pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
how about this one : "How razorback-jumping frogs can level six piqued gymnasts!"
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #19
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
how about this one : "How razorback-jumping frogs can level six piqued gymnasts!"
Dang! I found one but it doesn't have the hyphen in it!

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Dang! I found one but it doesn't have the hyphen in it!

WDE.
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #21
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you do nothing else, take some time and learn how to switch to "sports" setting with your cameras. It captures the action to speedy internal memory and then sends it to removeable memory more slowly. I spend a lot of time around pools showing moms how to do this after dad has tossed the kids off his shoulders and into the water a dozen times, trying to get the action shot.

And a lot of cameras, such as mine, have a button you can push for sequential action shots. Can't think of the term, but it allows you to hold the button down and it click click click takes about 8 shots almost simultaneously. Usually at least one of them will be good.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
If you do nothing else, take some time and learn how to switch to "sports" setting with your cameras. It captures the action to speedy internal memory and then sends it to removeable memory more slowly. I spend a lot of time around pools showing moms how to do this after dad has tossed the kids off his shoulders and into the water a dozen times, trying to get the action shot.

And a lot of cameras, such as mine, have a button you can push for sequential action shots. Can't think of the term, but it allows you to hold the button down and it click click click takes about 8 shots almost simultaneously. Usually at least one of them will be good.
good tips, and i'll take a look just in case, but since my "camera" is actually a telephone officially it might not have all the fancy bells and whistles. it's a good camera, for a telephone, (5 mp even), but still.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel

well well, for a telephone, this is a really good camera. i have a mode "sport" which seems to reduce drastically the delay before taking the photo (although it's not instantaneous, still) although it also seems to have an effect on the luminosity so probably it changes the ISO setting too, maybe not so good indoors, and i also have a "continuous shoot" mode which takes 9 photos in a row in less than a second. i'll definitely have to remember those.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
WOW! That is a great phone! And have fun trying out the settings and seeing what you can do.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #25
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
why are you shouting in the title?????????????????????????????????????????
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #26
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
"Quartz jock vends BMW glyph fix" is a perfect pangram (all letters used once and only once).

Now if anybody can find a Youtube video that fits that I will be impressed.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #27
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
damn you tube! can't see any of the cute critters!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #28
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
damn you tube! can't see any of the cute critters!
Just one more reason why you need to go home early! Watching cute critters on youtube is good for your health
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #29
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"
That's the most original word I've ever seen.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #30
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quickly fixing hazy, phlegmatic nuptial beds, I work jovially.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote