Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2024, 09:35 AM   #1
manyPages
manyPages began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905
How to fix Kobo Touch N905? (freezes for days)

Hi.
I have a kobo touch n905. the first model that came out.
Some days it would work normally, without too many issues, except being slow. But then for several days it would stop working altogether. It freezes and doesn't respond to the touch. You can reset it many times, press the small button on the other side with a paper clip, completely restart it, reset it as many times as you want but it just doesn't respond. Then after some days or weeks it comes back to normal.
To try and fix this I installed KOReader, which it worked for a while, until the same problem reappeared, and not only that, but I was prompted with a message that I had to do a factory reset, which I did. Now when it first turns up I can't even use it because it doesn't respond to the touch when I try to set the language of the device, so I cant even get to the main screen.

Is there any way to fix this? Maybe some electronical hacking? Like replacing some part of the circuit? or maybe software?
In the case of software I would have to first somehow connect it to the computer, without having to click "Connect" as it's usually done, because I cant get to the main page, and even if I could it probably wouldn't respond.

According to wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobo_Touch
"Complaints included an overall sluggishness to the interface[7][16] (which eventually got solved in firmware updates) and the lack of hardware buttons for turning pages."

Also, this model doesn't have an internal SD.

Thanks.
manyPages is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen, kobo, n905, touch, unresponsive