Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-28-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
clovds
clovds began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Post Adding Chapters to a Web Novel

Hello~

I'm struggling with adding chapters to an ongoing web novel (side-loaded) I'm reading on my Kobo Libra 2 without losing my progress. I can only add more chapters using "Edit Book" for the EPUB format but not the KEPUB format.

How I add more chapters for the EPUB format:
1. Download the novel again but only with the new chapters
2. Imported into calibre library (I make sure to change the name of the title so I know which is the og novel)
3. Right-click on both novels (one after the other) and press "Edit Book"
4. Copy the new chapters' html codes(?) from the file browser section and paste it into the og novel's
5. Delete TOC of og novel and generate a new one.

Now the EPUB format of the novel has been updated but I can't convert it to the KEPUB format and send it to my device because then I'll have to delete the one in my Kobo and I'll lose my reading progress.

I do all of this on the M1 Macbook Pro and I know basically nothing about coding so if that is something I need to do to make this work, please explain it to me like I'm a kid haha

clovds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 09:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you looked at the epubmerge PLUGIN?
That combines EPUBS
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2023, 11:04 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
On the configuration second tab ( Collections, covers & uploads) of either the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended driver, click on the Do not treat replacements as new books checkbox. This can run into issues if you have made structural changes to the ebook but worth giving it a try.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 05:37 AM   #4
clovds

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you looked at the epubmerge PLUGIN?
That combines EPUBS
Yes, I’ve tried it but wouldn’t I still need to convert it to KEPUB since the end result will still be in the EPUB format?
Old 12-29-2023, 02:45 PM   #5
clovds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
On the configuration second tab ( Collections, covers & uploads) of either the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended driver, click on the Do not treat replacements as new books checkbox. This can run into issues if you have made structural changes to the ebook but worth giving it a try.
Okay, I will try this. I read on another thread that if I’m using the Extended driver I need to disable the Kobo Reader and Kobo Touch drivers that calibre has already, I didn’t know this so that could be the reason why it’s not working.
Advert
Old 12-29-2023, 03:01 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You don't need to worry about the Kobo Reader driver (that was intended for the original Kobo and Kobo WiFi models).

However, it is best to disable the KoboTouch driver if you are intending to use the KoboTouchExtended driver.

If you are using the KoboUtilities plugin, you can use it to switch between the KT and KTE driver from it's Driver submenu.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion from epub, kepub, kobo, webnovel