Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-22-2023, 09:59 AM   #16
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Version 0.1.6 - 22 Apr 2023

- Added an option to save the reports to the book's 'data' folder, inside the calibre library (calibre 6.16+ only).
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 01:23 PM   #17
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 0.1.8 - 17 Jun 2023

- Bug fix: ACE newer versions (1.2.8+) sometimes fail to complete the check of some books (when checking multiple itens). Those books are then incorrectly marked as invalid. Until this bug is corrected by ACE, the plugin was modified to rerun ACE on books that fail like that. It happens under the hood, so the user doesn't have to do anything.
Advert
Old 07-17-2023, 01:31 PM   #18
CanuckT
CanuckT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Fail on Run

Installed in Calibre 6.23 - added 4 columns and ran it against a couple books. Both failed to run as far as I can tell. Output:

calibre, version 6.23.0
ERROR: No report found: Something went wrong. ACE did not produce a report.

NoneType: None

When I tried to run the ePub check I got a beach ball and Calibre locked up for a while and then about 20 seconds later started responding again and produced this error:

calibre, version 6.23.0
ERROR: EPUBCheck error: Something went wrong. Click on 'Show details' for more info.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.Check_Books.main", line 1031, in check_with_epubcheck
with open(report_file_name, encoding='utf-8') as fh:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/abc123/Check Books/author/Title/EPUBCheck/EPUBCheck JSON report.json'
CanuckT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 04:38 PM   #19
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckT View Post

ERROR: EPUBCheck error: Something went wrong. Click on 'Show details' for more info.
Looks like your antivirus or something is blocking access to the file.
Both ACE and EPUBCheck are failing when trying to read the created file.
Can you check if the json file is there? ('/Users/abc123/Check Books/author/Title/EPUBCheck/EPUBCheck JSON report.json'). The file is probably not there. It was blocked while writing.

Windows Defender has an option that prevents unauthorized modifications to user folders. Generally, it gives you an alert, and you can authorize that program. Or, you can choose another folder, which is not blocked by Windows Defender.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:40 PM   #20
CanuckT
CanuckT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'll take a look later, but I'm on a Mac and don't use any Anti-virus
CanuckT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2023, 03:57 PM   #21
Wolgan
Enthusiast
Wolgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Is it possible to use this plugin without custom columns? I like to keep a pretty efficient and clean database to not overload my eReader, so I don't generally add custom columns unless it's absolutely necessary.

I'd be happy with just the output log at the end of the check and the report in the filesystem.
Wolgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 07:08 AM   #22
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolgan View Post
Is it possible to use this plugin without custom columns? I like to keep a pretty efficient and clean database to not overload my eReader, so I don't generally add custom columns unless it's absolutely necessary.

I'd be happy with just the output log at the end of the check and the report in the filesystem.
No. You need at least a Yes/No column to save the result (pass or fail).
And since you want the report, then you also need the report column (if you don't set it, the plugin will not generate a report).

As for overloading your eReader, I don't get it. Why a custom column in your calibre library would interfere with your eReader?
Old 09-29-2023, 02:50 AM   #23
Wolgan
Enthusiast
Wolgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
As for overloading your eReader, I don't get it. Why a custom column in your calibre library would interfere with your eReader?
I use Calibre Companion on my Kindle to keep books synced with my Calibre library, and the database is just over 1gig in size. Bigger the database, the slower it goes.
Wolgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 10:17 AM   #24
uhh.andy
uhh.andy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2
ACE is failing on Mac with a similar issue to CanuckT's
Ace is installed and available in the terminal and ePubcheck works. Everything else works afaik and I also don't have an antivirus that could be interfering

Quote:
calibre, version 7.3.0

uhh.andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 04:53 AM   #25
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhh.andy View Post
ACE is failing on Mac with a similar issue to CanuckT's
Ace is installed and available in the terminal and ePubcheck works. Everything else works afaik and I also don't have an antivirus that could be interfering
Hi.

A couple of questions:

1) Is EPUBCheck generating the report? If so, is it the same folder as ACE's?
2) You said ACE is available from the terminal, did you test it? Is the report being generated?
3) Could you please try the ACE plugin for the Editor? Does it work?
Old 01-26-2024, 08:58 AM   #26
uhh.andy

Quote:
Hi.

A couple of questions:

1) Is EPUBCheck generating the report? If so, is it the same folder as ACE's?
2) You said ACE is available from the terminal, did you test it? Is the report being generated?
3) Could you please try the ACE plugin for the Editor? Does it work?
Hi, thanks for replying!
Yeah, epubcheck is generating the report just fine in ~/Check Books/author/book/EPUBCheck. ACE also works just fine from the terminal and both html and json reports are generated
The ace plugin for the editor initially failed with another error with the default report folder (I believe it was failing to write to ~⁄). After changing the default to something else though, it failed with the same error as Check Books's
Old 01-26-2024, 12:57 PM   #27
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Hi, thanks for replying!
Yeah, epubcheck is generating the report just fine in ~/Check Books/author/book/EPUBCheck. ACE also works just fine from the terminal and both html and json reports are generated
The ace plugin for the editor initially failed with another error with the default report folder (I believe it was failing to write to ~⁄). After changing the default to something else though, it failed with the same error as Check Books's
That's really weird. I'll take a look at this to see what I can do. Unfortunately I can't test it myself because I don't have a Mac, but I can attach it here and you can check if it works.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:46 PM   #28
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Hi, thanks for replying!
Please test the version attached and see if it works.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 01-27-2024 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Removed test version.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:42 PM   #29
uhh.andy

Quote:
Please test the version attached and see if it works.
I'm getting the same issue with this version. Initially it failed with a new error:
Code:
calibre, version 7.3.0
ERROR: ACE error: Something went wrong. Click on 'Show details' for more info.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.Check_Books.main", line 789, in check_with_ace
    os.chmod(check_books_path, 0o744)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Users/andy/Check Books/Herman Melville/Moby Dick (622)/ACE'
After making the folder myself though it went back to failing with the earlier error:
Code:
calibre, version 7.3.0

Hope that helps!
Old 01-27-2024, 05:33 AM   #30
thiago.eec
Guru

Ok. Try this now.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 01-27-2024 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Removed test version.