Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 01:40 AM   #46
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
If that could be done to work the same as seriesmeta for epub 2 and 3, it would be wonderful.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by xyclonei; 08-12-2020 at 02:17 AM.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:15 AM   #47
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I also use 0 in series and this program isn’t viable for me if this doesnt work
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #48
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
I have noticed that if there is a calibre:series entry without a calibre:series_index entry (use case: Series omnibus'), NickelSeries does not seem to pick up the series information.
Quote:
If that could be done to work the same as seriesmeta for epub 2 and 3, it would be wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
I also use 0 in series and this program isn’t viable for me if this doesnt work
I have added support for using series metadata without an index, and have released this in v3 (KoboRoot.tgz).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:12 AM   #49
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
@geek1011 thanks a lot - I’m going to try this out now
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:54 AM   #50
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I tested it out and it works perfectly. Thank you!
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #51
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
@geek1011 thanks a lot - I’m going to try this out now
Quote:
I tested it out and it works perfectly. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #52
freshkilz
freshkilz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
Would it possible to add publish date parsing to this? As of now the default behavior of sideloaded ebooks is to list the download date as the publish date.
freshkilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshkilz View Post
Would it possible to add publish date parsing to this? As of now the default behavior of sideloaded ebooks is to list the download date as the publish date.
If you get your patch you asked for, you won't be able to use NickelSeries as you won't be able to side load eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:52 PM   #54
freshkilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you get your patch you asked for, you won't be able to use NickelSeries as you won't be able to side load eBooks.
I sideload via sftp
Old 08-20-2020, 01:00 AM   #55
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
For the record, that is only happening for kepubs. For other formats, the publishing details are not loaded from the book. Or set at all. If you are using calibre, this can be set when you next connect the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #56
freshkilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the record, that is only happening for kepubs. For other formats, the publishing details are not loaded from the book. Or set at all. If you are using calibre, this can be set when you next connect the device.
I can't connect to calibre. My kobo is completely wireless since my usb port failed.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:04 PM   #57
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I'll do that sometime in the next few days.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:19 PM   #58
freshkilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I'll do that sometime in the next few days.
Thanks!
Old 08-22-2020, 08:28 AM   #59
dem1980fr
Enthusiast
dem1980fr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
hi, there a way to detect the version of nickelseries which is installed ?
Or we have to update it to be sure to have the last version ?
thank you
dem1980fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:44 AM   #60
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem1980fr View Post
hi, there a way to detect the version of nickelseries which is installed ?
Or we have to update it to be sure to have the last version ?
thank you
You might as well update it if you want to make sure you have the latest version. I don't really expect to release new versions that often, so I didn't make it show the current version. But, if your version does everything you need it to, there's not much need to update.

Tags
kobo, ldpreload, nickel, series, seriesmeta