Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
kunkel321
Enthusiast
kunkel321 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 10
Convert EPUB to MOBI when sending to Fire?

Hi there. I'm setting up my system on a different computer. I can't figure out how I set it up before. I had it so that when my Kindle Fire with Calibre Companion was 'attached,' if I clicked the "Send to Device" button on the toolbar, then a list of file types would pop up. For PDFs, I just click the button to "send as PDF," but for EPUB files I could select "send as MOBI." Calibre would then convert the EPUB to a MOBI and send the mobi to CC all in one go.

Does that make sense? Any idea how I set it up last time??
kunkel321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkel321 View Post
Hi there. I'm setting up my system on a different computer. I can't figure out how I set it up before. I had it so that when my Kindle Fire with Calibre Companion was 'attached,' if I clicked the "Send to Device" button on the toolbar, then a list of file types would pop up. For PDFs, I just click the button to "send as PDF," but for EPUB files I could select "send as MOBI." Calibre would then convert the EPUB to a MOBI and send the mobi to CC all in one go.

Does that make sense? Any idea how I set it up last time??
Way too hard Each device has saved the config you had in the preferences folder .

Connect the device via CC:
On the device view Icon, right click: Configure: tick ONLY the formats you want to send to THIS device:
Reorder the list for Preferred format. Those become you FIRE defaults.
The Preferences: Plugins: device drivers are NEW (first time connect) device defaults.

If you have your old PC, you might just copy the settings file PAIR (py and json)
device_drivers_SMART_DEVICE_APP
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2019, 08:55 PM   #3
kunkel321
Enthusiast
kunkel321 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 10
EDIT:
Actually... I think this might be the setting (top of screenshot).

REMOVED Don't do this again

Sorry! It is attached below, if anyone wants to see where the setting is.

And here is the picker dialog I was referring to (bottom).

Still... If you have a better/less-kludgy way to do it(?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	da8nwcnc8ox31.png
Views:	79
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	175023  

Last edited by kunkel321; 11-19-2019 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Oversize image removed
kunkel321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Wow, did I get that wrong.
Been a long time since I looked at the Calibre end of the transaction.
Still, not an excuse for bad info.
That is exactly what I see.

I wonder if it could be this tweak: (my setting for both Kindle and Kobo)
Code:
# Choose available output formats for conversion

restrict_output_formats = [u'EPUB', u'AZW3', u'Mobi', u'KEPUB']
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote